Trying to beat the heat...

Every morning I stop at the 7-11 for an 8 pound bag of ice and put it in my 2 gallon cooler. I usually just drink it as it melts. Today I tried something different: when the heat really got bad, I started putting a few cubes under my hat and let them melt. Wow!! It really did help. Has anyone else tried this?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Get a FrogTogg, lay it out, take a handful of ice and put it in the middle. Fold it long ways once, then once more making it about 3 inches wide by 24 inches. Wear it around your neck with the ice on the back of your neck and the ends tucked inside your shirt around front. This works better than a towel as the Froggtogg absorbs more melted ice water keeping your shirt from soaking yet dispersing the melting water around your neck. If it gets to wet ring it out and refill with pure ice as needed.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Btw before anyone says its not in uniform, my dead body won't be in uniform either so pick which one you want. Been doing this for years, and beats looking like you just got out of the shower, yet smelling like you need one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I keep ice, in a cooler with my bottled water. I get ice at every chance and a cold drink, with ice whenever I stop. All my lunch and breaks that I code off, I am getting hydration. it has been a very consistent high 90s to 100+and very high humidity. I have a washcloth in my cooler, and I drench my head and hair and let it roll down my shirt, and sometimes wet my entire face. Then I drive away fast. I am blessed to have several places with ice machines, my home center not one of them.
I dont care how I look, I stay cool and alive.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Get a FrogTogg, lay it out, take a handful of ice and put it in the middle. Fold it long ways once, then once more making it about 3 inches wide by 24 inches. Wear it around your neck with the ice on the back of your neck and the ends tucked inside your shirt around front. This works better than a towel as the Froggtogg absorbs more melted ice water keeping your shirt from soaking yet dispersing the melting water around your neck. If it gets to wet ring it out and refill with pure ice as needed.

To clarify, I am guessing you mean the Chilly Pad towel since Frogg Toggs offers tons of products.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have also noticed it not the extreme heat from 1-5 that gets to me I start feeling the effects of the long hot day around 6,7, or 8 in the evening. These last three weeks or so have just drained me it's been a fight every night to get my ***** in the gym after work just so tired.

Buck Fifty

I have also noticed it not the extreme heat from 1-5 that gets to me I start feeling the effects of the long hot day around 6,7, or 8 in the evening. These last three weeks or so have just drained me it's been a fight every night to get my ***** in the gym after work just so tired.

Gym ? Gym ?, Gym !, Did you say Gym? Bahahahahah.....hahahaha......hahah...ha .....ha. Oh you were serious. My bad .

rocket man

every morning i stop at the 7-11 for an 8 pound bag of ice and put it in my 2 gallon cooler. I usually just drink it as it melts. Today i tried something different: When the heat really got bad, i started putting a few cubes under my hat and let them melt. Wow!! It really did help. Has anyone else tried this?
hats hold 60 t0 seventy pct of body heat in winter. Ahh so the story goes lose the hat and keep the cooler can you send a picture of 8 lbs of ice in a 2 gallon cooler?

HomeDelivery

hats hold 60 t0 70 % of body heat in winter. Ahh so the story goes lose the hat and keep the cooler can you send a picture of 8 lbs of ice in a 2 gallon cooler?

typo; i think he meant 20 gallon? I use 2 water bottles & rotate them in my small cooler filled with ice... I'll bring a jug of water & another jug filled with tang/gatorade. so i can rotate between drinking plain water & a electrolyte-fluid.

L

Loufan

It's been hot here too, i've been dropping down to refill my water bottle at least 4 times a night. Last week when it was 106 i think i refilled it 8 times or more. I think my sups were getting annoyed. oh well...

klein

Für Meno :)
I always freeze my bottled water overnight.
Take a few cold ones with me, the rest are frozen, by the time noon arrives, those frozen ones are defrosted and ice cold in the cooler.

over9five

Staff member
It's been a horribly hot summer here. We finally had a torrential line of showers come thru yesterday, and (hopefully) will kill the humidity today.