Trying to go from PT Sup to PE mechanic? Possible?

craftspace234

I've been a pt sup for over 2 years here at Ups. Recently I've been interested in going to PE mechanics. How hard would it be for me to become one since I am not union? I have heard of some pe mechanics that used to be pt sups but it's not common from what I know.

Anyone here work as a pe mechanic? How do you like the job?

Thanks

PT Car Washer

I've been a pt sup for over 2 years here at Ups. Recently I've been interested in going to PE mechanics. How hard would it be for me to become one since I am not union? I have heard of some pe mechanics that used to be pt sups but it's not common from what I know.

Anyone here work as a pe mechanic? How do you like the job?

Thanks
My building is currently testing for a PE mechanic. A package car mechanic and a 22.3 package handler are in the running. Last two that were hired were PT package handlers. From what I understand seniority has nothing to do with the hiring process and is based solely on the best qualified person.

pe_gal

Not a problem if you can pass the qualification process. Must have strong industrial maintenance experience, especially electrical.

craftspace234

My building is currently testing for a PE mechanic. A package car mechanic and a 22.3 package handler are in the running. Last two that were hired were PT package handlers. From what I understand seniority has nothing to do with the hiring process and is based solely on the best qualified person.

So being union or not won't matter?

Not a problem if you can pass the qualification process. Must have strong industrial maintenance experience, especially electrical.

I don't have any experience but I know you would have to take some college classes for like a year to do it. Which would be no problem since the classes are offered at the current college I go to right now.

But I didn't want to waste my time taking all these classes and trying to get qualified if I couldn't even get the job simply because I am not union

DOK

So being union or not won't matter?

I don't have any experience but I know you would have to take some college classes for like a year to do it. Which would be no problem since the classes are offered at the current college I go to right now.

But I didn't want to waste my time taking all these classes and trying to get qualified if I couldn't even get the job simply because I am not union
I would think the electrical portion is going to be difficult, not sure if you can learn what you need to know with just a few college classes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would think the electrical portion is going to be difficult, not sure if you can learn what you need to know with just a few college classes.
It's easy just hook the red wire to the other red wire then the black wire to the other black wire
Now your good to go

craftspace234

It's not just a few classes. It's classes that the guys at PE personally recommended me to take.

Each class is about 3-4 hours long. It will take me at least a year to finish all of them.