Tues-Saturday with Mon-Fri bid route

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
There is men , and there is boys

WE ARE MEN!!!!
✊🧔‍♂️
Screenshot_20230907-090859_YouTube.jpg

Whereistheunion

Hey all. I work in a center with 22 drivers and we run 15-19 routes a week. The bottom 5-7 based on seniority are going to be going to a Tuesday-Saturday work schedule. Out of those drivers, a couple have Monday-Friday bid routes. We are told that Tues-Sat is going to be based on seniority no matter if the driver has a Mon-Fri bid route. So someone will be running the route on Monday and not the bid driver since they will be working a Tue-Sat schedule. Anyone else experiencing this or know for sure if you can be kicked off the route on Monday?
Thanks all!
Been that way here in Ohio, also "note" those Monday routes will be completely trashed and won't run anything like Tuesday through Friday. Saturday drivers don't do any pickups, so expect a hell of alot pick ups/call tags on Monday

PPH_over_9000

Been that way here in Ohio, also "note" those Monday routes will be completely trashed and won't run anything like Tuesday through Friday. Saturday drivers don't do any pickups, so expect a hell of alot pick ups/call tags on Monday

And that's why I'm okay with going back to Tues-Sat.

There's no question, I'll take a 100% resi route with 200 stops over 15 calltags, 23 pick-ups and 140 deliveries any day of the week.

At the end of the day they all pay the same, but I like the low-stress environment of backroad suburbs. Once I win a route again, though? Shoot, I probably won't see my favorite ones for another 15 years or so.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
date the route marry your contract and seniority.

Just bid your preferred schedule and bump people off your area on the 1st/5th day while working all 5 days of the week. Company will figure it out eventually what is in their best interest.

I have zero issue bidding anything here, by random, and holding onto it for the entire duration of my career.
What would that analogy be? marrying the first person you dated?

Thebrownblob

Routes will be cut every Monday.
I don’t see how that’s any different than now? And it appears there will be less people Monday because they can’t force the Saturday people I foresee routes sitting. Or packages not getting delivered because they try to combine too many routes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don’t see how that’s any different than now? And it appears there will be less people Monday because they can’t force the Saturday people I foresee routes sitting. Or packages not getting delivered because they try to combine too many routes.
They hold a lot of surepost back too.

Zowert

They’ll only be as many Monday-fri routes as drivers RPCD pre -2019

THE REST GET SCREWED
GAHAGAHAHHAHAHAHA
🧔‍♂️✊
Glad I was hired on before 2019. Got a few guys at my center kicking and screaming about being forced to work Tues-Sat. One dude, “I’M FILING A GRIEVANCE!” Uhhh… For what? Read the damn contract, you’re working Saturday whether you like it or not.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Glad I was hired on before 2019. Got a few guys at my center kicking and screaming about being forced to work Tues-Sat. One dude, “I’M FILING A GRIEVANCE!” Uhhh… For what? Read the damn contract, you’re working Saturday whether you like it or not.
Wait until these rooks have to work Sundays! Add to that their days off will be split and not consecutive.