Tuition Assistance - Earn and Learn Program question

newguy1

hi everyone, its been awhile since ive been here. i hope everyone is dealing with the snow safely......I have a question regarding the earn and learn program at UPS. i have decided to go back to school and want to work at UPS part time and take advantage of the tuition assistance program. I searched for the package handler jobs under the earn and learn program and there were none. my questions are

if i am a PT package handler in a Earn and Learn location, do i automatically qualify or do i have to be hired under the specific Earn and Learn Program to receive its benefits?

also,

Do i need to have seniority to get these benefits?

on the website it states that students are eligible the day hired (at a prorated rate), so is all i need to do is get a job at one of these locations and enrole in some courses? is there anything i need to know or do other than get the job?

thanks for the help.

paco

My experience is from 2008 at Denver hub but you are eligible the day of hire. I can't comment whether other locations have the same policy or not. This is not a union contractual agreement but just a bonus provided for by UPS to college bound PT workers.