Tuition Reimbursement

P

Purple Nurple

Is there anyone here who's taking advantage of the FedEx tuition reimbursement? If so, can you tell me about your experience? Does it have to be for a business degree? What is involved in the paperwork? How closely do they scrutinize?

I'm interested in majoring in science but I think I might have trouble getting reimbursed...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your coursework is supposed to be related toward advancing your career at FedEx, but I've seen all sorts of classes get by. Get with your manager and tell them that you're interested in "moving up" and that you need these classes to move in that direction.

By the way, I like your user name. My kids love "Chowder".

T

The Mayor

You recieve $3,000 per calander year and can apply the money towards books and tuition. The only stipulation is that you have to pay for the class first, then get reimbursed. Proof of payment is required. I usually put it on a credit card, wait for the charge to go through, and then print off a copy of the transaction with the confirmation number. You have to fill out the tuition reimbursement form, listing the class and dates you attended. Finally, you have to recieve a letter grade of a "C" or better to get paid. Then have your manager put it into the system, and you usually get your money via a seperate check the following week. It is one of the few things that actually does get done in a timely manner. Take advantage of it as much as you can and good luck to you.

F

FEDEX ALL THE WAY

Your coursework is supposed to be related toward advancing your career at FedEx, but I've seen all sorts of classes get by. Get with your manager and tell them that you're interested in "moving up" and that you need these classes to move in that direction.

By the way, I like your user name. My kids love "Chowder".

Great advice! Just lie about everything so you can get your way! Can't believe your raising kids.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Great advice! Just lie about everything so you can get your way! Can't believe your raising kids.

And I can't believe your spelling and grammar. By the way, why don't you say something that actually indicates that you work for FedEx? I'm still convinced you're a maroon troll who likes wasting other people's time. My kids will be raised not to drink the Kool-Aid that you've been drinking and to stand-up for themselves. I expect your kids to either be on welfare or in prison.

They will pay for undergrad in any field. It doesn't have to relate to Fedex business. A graduate degree must relate to Fedex in some way. There is a list somewhere on the Fedex intranet.

F

FedEx All the Way

And I can't believe your spelling and grammar. By the way, why don't you say something that actually indicates that you work for FedEx? I'm still convinced you're a maroon troll who likes wasting other people's time. My kids will be raised not to drink the Kool-Aid that you've been drinking and to stand-up for themselves. I expect your kids to either be on welfare or in prison.

Don't worry about my spelling and grammer.
Whether or not I work for FedEx is really not your concern. Oh! what the h-ll! I've been with the company for 12 years now.
As far as my kids, they happen to be attending a prestigious private school. Your kids of course, are getting great advice from a man whose teaching them to stand up and lie for what they can get for free. GOOD ONE! You might want to give your kids some of the Kool-Aid that you seem to think I have been drinking, it tastes great! You really should try some yourself someday!

On to your next "quote and/or advice - you sound like we should all stay home and have our paychecks mailed to us. Do us all a favor and work for a living like the rest of us. By your quotes (advice), you seem to know what to say to everyone, WOW! Why aren't you the next VP for Obama and/or McCain? Why have you downgraded yourself by working at FedEx (the company that obviously has done nothing for you) - you should be the emperor!

Oh! one last thing, do you actually know what a troll is?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You say that you've worked for the company for 12 years, but your posts are so general and vague that I doubt your sincerity. Being able to put your kids into a prestigious private school is also quite an accomplishment on FedEx wages. Again, I doubt that you work for FedEx, unless it's in some non-field job in Memphis where you are completely clueless as to what's happening outside your cubicle.

After everything FedEx has taken away during the last 10 years, why are you so hung-up on telling them what they want to hear regarding Tuition Refund? When I went to college my manager insisted that the courses be related to advancing at FedEx...apparently that has changed and pretty much anything goes at the undergrad level. Or maybe my manager gave me bad information....sorry, that never happens at FedEx.

A "troll" is someone who poses questions on forums like this one for the sole purpose of provoking a response, not to really learn anything or participate in an intelligent discourse. Given your past postings, you definitely qualify as a troll. Post something that shows you actually have knowledge of the inner machinations of FedEx. Otherwise, your credibility is ZERO.

I would like to find out if it matters what kind of courses taken for me to be egible to receive tuition reimbursement from UPS? If someone could get back in touch with me about this I would greatly apprecaite it.
Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to find out if it matters what kind of courses taken for me to be egible to receive tuition reimbursement from UPS? If someone could get back in touch with me about this I would greatly apprecaite it.
Thanks.

Judging from the content of your post I would recommend spelling and grammar.:wink2: