Turn by turn

STFXG

Did you get a manifest and a map? The sequence numbers are usually pretty similar everyday. Just go to your first stop with GPS and wing it using your manifest. After you know your area, that's all you'll use. You'll wing it everyday and stop using the turn by turns that have you back tracking over yourself all day. 02 everything you can't find, not your fault you didn't get s proper ride along period to learn the route.
What he said. Only use 03, not 02. 02 is for incorrect address. 03 is for unable to locate.

STFXG

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was real. There are some in my building that I have no idea how they even got a drivers license. They just stare, open mouthed, nearly drooling.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was real. There are some in my building that I have no idea how they even got a drivers license. They just stair, open mouthed, nearly drooling.
When I first started expanding I took the ability to read map as a given skill for someone applying for a driving job. I quickly learned that is not the case.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What we do is not rocket science.

You are correct, but setting up a route after you've been blindly following Delivering for Dummies for month, isn't as easy for a rookie as it is for us. We can do it with our eyes closed, because we've done it so many times. It's pretty overwhelming for a rookie. For some more than others.

Purplepackage

You are correct, but setting up a route after you've been blindly following Delivering for Dummies for month, isn't as easy for a rookie as it is for us. We can do it with our eyes closed, because we've done it so many times. It's pretty overwhelming for a rookie. For some more than others.

I've seen new guys almost fall apart on the sort after seeing all their freight come down and not have clue where to put it.

It's simple when your running blind the only thing you worry about is P1. The rest of the truck can wait until after 10:30

outtatime

Old school baby. Get a laminated map of the area and a dry erase marker. Look up all the stops and put a dot on the map. Connect the dots in one area, move on to the next. Time consuming but it's how we all used to do it....and came back for more the next day.

Nolimitz

was sent to help a new guy today as I came in late after a school meeting. he had 82 P2's, I took 35 including all the nasty stops out in the desert. got a message from dispatch at 1400 that he rtb with 25 left before starting a PU rte. I ended up with most of the 25 to boot.

Express Courier

The turn by turn isnt working at my terminal today. How do i figure out what order to do it?

This is what you should do.

Fli0L1o.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you. I see why new people don't post here now. Most of you are jerks.

No, thank you for one of the most entertaining threads ever. You are the perfect example of just how low we have gone in the race to the bottom. Tell you what. Tell me where you're located, and provide me 2 cases of white spray paint. I'll mark where you need to go on the pavement with arrows.

It will be fine

Old school baby. Get a laminated map of the area and a dry erase marker. Look up all the stops and put a dot on the map. Connect the dots in one area, move on to the next. Time consuming but it's how we all used to do it....and came back for more the next day.
That's how we still do it at Ground. Only takes about 5 mins once you know the area.