Uh Oh... Someone's in Trouble...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Important points:

This ruling was pretty high up at least in CA courts, and also covers 2,300 "independent contractors", apparently. That is a fairly high number, given they can own delivery rights to different areas, correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, here's a link to another article from 7/30

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...kdown-on-mislabeling-independent-contractors/

It's clear that the gov't is knocking on Freddy's door and it's maybe time to pay up

Last edited:

Black_6_Leader

FedEx has already modified their contractor agreement; which is why the judgement and order only apply to single route contractors in California & Oregon during the years of 2000 to 2007. The courts, the Teamsters (and UPS) are playing leapfrog with a frog that is already one jump ahead.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown metal coffin

I would be really surprised if fed ex were able to wiggle their way out of this one; considering all the money that's at stake here that the govt can get their hands on at the state and local levels. Some of these things include workers comp, disability, unemployment, higher taxes on overtime, possible healthcare (ACA) and a slew of other financials. Not to also mention that there will probably be some kind of huge fine involved and they will have to make restitution for all of the above listed.

They are also currently tied up in court over the shipping illegal pharmaceuticals from non legit online pharmacies and money laundering charges. Put your seat belt on Fred; your in for a bumpy ride.

These lawyers are gonna party like its cinco de mayo with the money their gonna make from these debacles.

Sent using BrownCafe App