UK UPSER with a problem!!

pearcey100

Hey all!

Have found this forum while doing a bit of digging and wondered if anybody would be able to help me with an issue I have!

I am a UK UPSER currently working in the feeder/dispatch department, based in a hub in sunny England.

In the last few months I have grown tired of my current role, and in early September asked to be transfered back to the Hub as a sorter (my previous position) as a job had recently come up.

My boss and I had agreed a date of 7th October to transfer me back to the hub...yet the date came and went. Another month and still I had heard nothing. On the 28th October they finally advertised my current job and have near enough told me I am to do it till Christmas (as a new starter would not be capable of fulfilling the job at a busy period such as Christmas).

The issue here is that I am stressed and fed up of the job, and also worried that the vacancy as a sorter will no longer be there after Christmas!

Oh...and to add insult to injury, they didn't pay me any of my overtime last month, leaving me £400 short and unable to buy food this month!

My boss is being completely unhelpful in the matter and I do not know how to proceed now! My colleague on the other shift has offered to take over so I can go back, till a replacemnt has been found but this is a no go. I had given them a reasonable period of notice.

I am thinking of either putting in a grievance or getting my union involved. Would anybody be so kind as to give me some advise on this issue?

Many thanks in advance,
James