UNAUTHORIZED LEAVE OF ABSENCE

So I have a very weird situation on my hands, its hard to explain but I will do my best. I work out of LR AR HUB and on March 18 I had an accident by getting the truck stuck on the road while driving through a dip, the truck was stuck and had to be towed out by a tow company, hence an "accident". My manager said that it wasn't an accident (because he doesn't want it to count against him) but he placed me out of service because after my accident I told him I was not going to be able to complete the route due to just having an accident. He stated that he doesn't think I'm mentally fit to drive. I asked him can I work in the hub because I'm a 22.4 and he said no. I asked why he said cause he has that right. Later he told me that I had to take a mental evaluation to return to work, but when I went to take the evaluation they wanted me to sign over privacy rights about my medical history directly to my manager, I declined to sign the paper. For the last 73 days and counting I have been "out of service" and they have told me to go sign the paper work 6 times, each time I go they refuse to take my managers name off of the paper and replace it with a UPS medical professional. Yet, they have not fired me. I have just received a letter stating that if I do not do the mental evaluation on June 1st I will be placed on Unauthorized Leave of Absence. How does this work? I am not allowed to come to the building to work or they will call the cops. So how am I on an unauthorized leave when I am willing and ready to work today.

Additional information: I have no mental health problems and my medical record is clean. My management team does not like me due to the fact that I file grievences and they are using the accident, that they say is not an accident to steal money from me!

Also my manager has hidden a previous ankle injury of mine and I called and told the ethics hotline and in Feb. they found that he did hide my injury and his bosses allegedly disciplined him for it.

Last edited:

Back From Break
because after my accident I told him I was not going to be able to complete the route due to just having an accident.

That's not what you said in one of your other threads you started.

Here you go...

I expressed that I would not be leaving the scene of the accident and that they needed to come out to the scene.

You got stuck in a ditch, called the company, was pulled out by a tow truck, and then refused to leave the scene until management came out. This sound about right?

Now you're refusing to take a fitness for duty exam?

And

You called the ethics hotline on your manager?
You called the ethics hotline because your manager would not put on a mask?
You said your manager was forcing you to be unsafe by not giving you air help?
You told your manager you did not feel safe running a particular route?
You say your manager is using an accident to steal money from you?

Do your job, if you do keep it, and don't worry about anyone but yourself.

542thruNthru

I had an accident by getting the truck stuck on the road while driving through a dip, the truck was stuck and had to be towed out by a tow company, hence an "accident". My manager said that it wasn't an accident (because he doesn't want it to count against him) but he placed me out of service because after my accident I told him I was not going to be able to complete the route due to just having an accident.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

brownIEman

This one's a mystery.
I cannot for the life of me fathom why his management would have it out for him and us the rope he hand them to hang him instead of bending over backwards and sticking their neck out to try and save his job. Totally stumped...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So I have a very weird situation on my hands, its hard to explain but I will do my best. I work out of LR AR HUB and on March 18 I had an accident by getting the truck stuck on the road while driving through a dip, the truck was stuck and had to be towed out by a tow company, hence an "accident". My manager said that it wasn't an accident (because he doesn't want it to count against him) but he placed me out of service because after my accident I told him I was not going to be able to complete the route due to just having an accident. He stated that he doesn't think I'm mentally fit to drive. I asked him can I work in the hub because I'm a 22.4 and he said no. I asked why he said cause he has that right. Later he told me that I had to take a mental evaluation to return to work, but when I went to take the evaluation they wanted me to sign over privacy rights about my medical history directly to my manager, I declined to sign the paper. For the last 73 days and counting I have been "out of service" and they have told me to go sign the paper work 6 times, each time I go they refuse to take my managers name off of the paper and replace it with a UPS medical professional. Yet, they have not fired me. I have just received a letter stating that if I do not do the mental evaluation on June 1st I will be placed on Unauthorized Leave of Absence. How does this work? I am not allowed to come to the building to work or they will call the cops. So how am I on an unauthorized leave when I am willing and ready to work today.

Additional information: I have no mental health problems and my medical record is clean. My management team does not like me due to the fact that I file grievences and they are using the accident, that they say is not an accident to steal money from me!

Also my manager has hidden a previous ankle injury of mine and I called and told the ethics hotline and in Feb. they found that he did hide my injury and his bosses allegedly disciplined him for it.
We had a slightly similar situation here. Management decided to mess with someone who decided after a graphic presentation at PCM that they couldn’t drive that day. They eventually contacted our hall, went to the Work Comp doctor, and got re instated with back pay due to not being mentally ill. If they are not working you because they believe you to be mentally ill, then just file a grievance for each week your out to be made whole the go to doctor. Pretty sure a :censored2: work comp doctor isn’t going to declare you mentally ill, think about it. If you haven’t been filing grievances weekly then you wont be getting back pay but who knows, call your steward and BA.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Do you pay union dues?
It’s a simple question

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I told him I was not going to be able to complete the route due to just having an accident.
People like you deserve everything they get. Stop being a little jackoff. You got stuck because you weren't paying attention to the road or you were friend* ing off with the company's property speeding or doing something else. Own your problem. If you were that unsettled getting stuck that you couldn't complete your route then you should quit now or let them fire you because you will never make it at anything other than maybe being a florist. Albeit, I don't know but I would imagine holidays like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day might be quite unnerving, so you might have to not work around those times so your little crazy vag won't be hurt.
My management team does not like me due to the fact that I file grievences and they are using the accident, that they say is not an accident to steal money from me!
Stop being such a drama queen Karen. The only person to blame is yourself. They think you are a mental case and want you to prove them wrong. You want to fight over something so trivial that was your fault in the first place such as getting stuck, and you have the nerve to say they are stealing money from you? WGAF if your manager sees that you are not a mental case, sign the paper and be back to making money.

Then again, screw you, I think you're an idiot for trying to play this game. Good luck to you at the flower shop.

quad decade guy

People like you deserve everything they get. Stop being a little jackoff. You got stuck because you weren't paying attention to the road or you were friend* ing off with the company's property speeding or doing something else. Own your problem. If you were that unsettled getting stuck that you couldn't complete your route then you should quit now or let them fire you because you will never make it at anything other than maybe being a florist. Albeit, I don't know but I would imagine holidays like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day might be quite unnerving, so you might have to not work around those times so your little crazy vag won't be hurt.

Stop being such a drama queen Karen. The only person to blame is yourself. They think you are a mental case and want you to prove them wrong. You want to fight over something so trivial that was your fault in the first place such as getting stuck, and you have the nerve to say they are stealing money from you? WGAF if your manager sees that you are not a mental case, sign the paper and be back to making money.

Then again, screw you, I think you're an idiot for trying to play this game. Good luck to you at the flower shop.
Well.....we got some weird folks at UPS.....including Mgt.

We got racists....black, brown, Asian(used to be yellow) and yes white. But I only see minorities playing the race card....you can't throw a rock in our office without hitting a minority mgt. person.....

We got folks that are deliberately obstinate, stupid, crazy(literally) on and on....

We got folks that are really dangerous and even deliberately dangerous....some of them self-proclaimed on BC.

And that is a first for me....a person being required for a mental evaluation? It usually never gets that far......they have a big enough accident or bring a weapon to work or dishonesty.....something. It took them 35 years to get rid of one of ours but eventually got him for dishonesty. He was a really weird dude.

And if there has been some prior shenanigans with honesty(both sides)......the OP may have them over a barrel......and.....why hasn't the union been involved weeks ago? 73 days? Ok....have you been fired? Was there a local hearing? And what happened? Weird.

nWo

Idk man. Sounds like management was about to do you a huge favor by not charging you with an accident. Then you decided to be a pain in their ass about it. When you should have been insanely grateful.

Made brown

Well.....we got some weird folks at UPS.....including Mgt.

We got racists....black, brown, Asian(used to be yellow) and yes white. But I only see minorities playing the race card....you can't throw a rock in our office without hitting a minority mgt. person.....

We got folks that are deliberately obstinate, stupid, crazy(literally) on and on....

We got folks that are really dangerous and even deliberately dangerous....some of them self-proclaimed on BC.

And that is a first for me....a person being required for a mental evaluation? It usually never gets that far......they have a big enough accident or bring a weapon to work or dishonesty.....something. It took them 35 years to get rid of one of ours but eventually got him for dishonesty. He was a really weird dude.

And if there has been some prior shenanigans with honesty(both sides)......the OP may have them over a barrel......and.....why hasn't the union been involved weeks ago? 73 days? Ok....have you been fired? Was there a local hearing? And what happened? Weird.
You can say that again.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Insights from The Oaf.... LOL you SMF...
Integrity’s 2 cents:

@Lineandinitial,

I have to say I haven’t noticed a real discussion contribution from you in a while. I have noticed and received some insults and attacks from you however.

I recommend that you brush up on the Terms and Rules of posting on the BC. I do believe that you are frequently in violation of them, in particular #6.

Although IMO discussion boards are meant to be animated and latitude should be given, I do believe that disruptive influences who routinely and regularly violate terms and rules to be insulting to members and disruptive to the discussions should be reported.

Check it out Rule #6.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did you see the part where the OP said he was too emotionally damaged to continue delivering boxes of cardboard after getting slightly stuck? He needs meds, an eval, AND some serious therapy.

quad decade guy

Did you see the part where the OP said he was too emotionally damaged to continue delivering boxes of cardboard after getting slightly stuck? He needs meds, an eval, AND some serious therapy.
You know this how exactly? Are you a doctor? Serious questions...

I know UPS folks who never say things like this and are as weird as the day is long.

Big Rigger

Integrity’s 2 cents:

@Lineandinitial,

I have to say I haven’t noticed a real discussion contribution from you in a while. I have noticed and received some insults and attacks from you however.

I recommend that you brush up on the Terms and Rules of posting on the BC. I do believe that you are frequently in violation of them, in particular #6.

Although IMO discussion boards are meant to be animated and latitude should be given, I do believe that disruptive influences who routinely and regularly violate terms and rules to be insulting to members and disruptive to the discussions should be reported.

Check it out Rule #6.
Screenshot_20201201-233618~2.png

There you go homie. Change your pad and don't sweat the little things ...

unless the shoe fits.