Uniform policy

SLW

Kind of a weird question. I have a public political event to go to immediately after work next week and wanted to know if there was any policy or history about not being allowed to wear our uniforms to this sort of thing. I'll probably just wind up changing shirts anyway, but I'm curious.

Yolo

We aren't supposed to wear are uniform outside of work. But as long as you dont act like an ass I don't think it will be an issue.

PT Car Washer

Kind of a weird question. I have a public political event to go to immediately after work next week and wanted to know if there was any policy or history about not being allowed to wear our uniforms to this sort of thing. I'll probably just wind up changing shirts anyway, but I'm curious.
Used to be you could wear the pants to work or on the way home. Just could not wear the shirt or jacket. Try bringing an extra civilian shirt with you.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Don’t you guys have a locker room? Until I had enough seniority to get my own locker I just used to carry a bag with me in my car with a change of shorts/sweats and a tshirt

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Years ago you could not wear a full uniform to work or away from work. You could wear shirt or pants but not both. UPS was also responsible for washing uniform pants. We had our pants laundered for years from an outside source.

quad decade guy

Years ago you could not wear a full uniform to work or away from work. You could wear shirt or pants but not both. UPS was also responsible for washing uniform pants. We had our pants laundered for years from an outside source.

Around here, pants are still laundered but most just do it themselves. However, we can

wear the full uniform to and from work. I don't know if it's policy book stuff. However,

the procedure has kind of devolved like beards. I have been called out for wearing my driver

hat in public off the clock. But then that's when I used to be proud to work for UPS....

I have worn my full uniform to my daughter's choir concerts or softball, soccer games etc.

during the week(straight from work sort of things). I always wear my full uniform to work

and will go to the store etc. before and after. It's so standard here, I don't think you could

be disciplined for it under any circumstance. However, I'm sure that would change in an instant

if anything negative or famous happened publicly.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Funny, here it use to be you couldn't wear your pant's out. Which made no sense.
Same when I worked. They used to send the pants out with a cleaning service and you'd get them back in 2 days. Problem was, they were kinda like socks in the dryer. They would go away and never be seen again. Then they bought a washer and driver and the housekeeping staff did them for a while. Then they stopped washing them altogether.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We aren't supposed to wear are uniform outside of work. But as long as you dont act like an ass I don't think it will be an issue.
That rule went out the window once drivers were allowed to buy uniform supplies. Half our drivers don't even have a locker anymore.