Union haters welcomed

allahuakbar

She/Her
Powerless? I don’t know about that. There’s lots of issues that are a problem and are being addressed. Will it be sufficient? will find out. It will come down to our resolve this time. There is no 2/3 rule to “save” us so they’ll be no one to blame.
Unions seem to be really just taking the roll of Job Insurance at this point. Hopeful I’ll have health care and a pension the next 15 years but who knows 🤷🏻

Thebrownblob

Unions seem to be really just taking the roll of Job Insurance at this point. Hopeful I’ll have health care and a pension the next 15 years but who knows 🤷🏻
Well to me without those things the job is not worth having🤷‍♂️ So if the company wants to negotiate in bad faith and take those things I need to do what it takes.

Well to me without those things the job is not worth having🤷‍♂️ So if the company wants to negotiate in bad faith and take those things I need to do what it takes.
I believe health insurance and pensions is a redline the company knows not to cross. Especially with long term Union members who do vote. The question is what will these long term Union members trade away to keep their health insurance and pensions?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It wasn’t shady, and it has been used another national contracts so it’s not something that hasn’t been done ever. Now we can agree that the provision of the 2/3 rule was a crap by law in the constitution. But you do not get to say it was shady because it was legitimately in the constitution. I was a delegate I voted to get rid of it. So clearly I disagreed with the decision. I believe the previous administration did it because they did not think they had support for any kind of work action or strike. Naturally I think they were wrong but I’m telling you what I believe they thought.

I still say that they couldn't use it because we already approved the strike. But they did it anyway. That's what was shady.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I still say that they couldn't use it because we already approved the strike. But they did it anyway. That's what was shady.

Face it the fix was in..They were going to ratify the 2018 contract no matter how we voted, knowing that the only time the Teamsters had an over 50 % participation was right after the "97" strike. It was a done deal right after the handshake, the Company knew that the Hoffa administration was serving out its' last term after the 2013 contract and the overall results of the 2015 General Election when Canada gave Hoffa the victory.

Remember when the final voting totals were released, the first statement from the Company was they wanted to go back to the bargaining table that was when Hoffa played that 50 % clause. That strike vote prior in which only 17 % bothered to turn in probably scared the Hoffa administration and did not Believe that the rank and file would hold the line, there was a reason for the "97" strike, those concessionary 22.4 positions was not a strike issue.

Again for those who remember when Ron Carey was ousted a statement was released from the Company that "that they were more than willing to work with Hoffa" knowing full well that he only got that position because of his name. They did not want another work stoppage so they threw "Bread Crumb" contracts to our negotiators as they continue to grow enormous profits.

The 2018 contract was another tiny drop of poison in the cough medicine (two tier Package Car Positions)...the Union wanted more pension and health and welfare contributions and never wanted to negotiate a fair and decent contract FOR ALL of their membership, they CUT and RAN).

The pandemic changed everything..UPS volume and the other common carriers went crazy, the starting wages were inadequate in order to obtain our younger work force. The 22.4's were thrown on 10 hour routes, none in my center worked inside since their creation. We were classified as Essential Workers and had to go into the public arena while the upper management for the most part worked from home collecting fat salaries and working on their exit plans knowing their time has passed.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Face it the fix was in..They were going to ratify the 2018 contract no matter how we voted, knowing that the only time the Teamsters had an over 50 % participation was right after the "97" strike. It was a done deal right after the handshake, the Company knew that the Hoffa administration was serving out its' last term after the 2013 contract and the overall results of the 2015 General Election when Canada gave Hoffa the victory.

Remember when the final voting totals were released, the first statement from the Company was they wanted to go back to the bargaining table that was when Hoffa played that 50 % clause. That strike vote prior in which only 17 % bothered to turn in probably scared the Hoffa administration and did not Believe that the rank and file would hold the line, there was a reason for the "97" strike, those concessionary 22.4 positions was not a strike issue.

Again for those who remember when Ron Carey was ousted a statement was released from the Company that "that they were more than willing to work with Hoffa" knowing full well that he only got that position because of his name. They did not want another work stoppage so they threw "Bread Crumb" contracts to our negotiators as they continue to grow enormous profits.

The 2018 contract was another tiny drop of poison in the cough medicine (two tier Package Car Positions)...the Union wanted more pension and health and welfare contributions and never wanted to negotiate a fair and decent contract FOR ALL of their membership, they CUT and RAN).

The pandemic changed everything..UPS volume and the other common carriers went crazy, the starting wages were inadequate in order to obtain our younger work force. The 22.4's were thrown on 10 hour routes, none in my center worked inside since their creation. We were classified as Essential Workers and had to go into the public arena while the upper management for the most part worked from home collecting fat salaries and working on their exit plans knowing their time has passed.
I'm starting to like Frank Sheeran more

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I don’t work here anymore, I work for the railroad. Upon my first investigation that I didn’t run from/resign like a bitch, my liberal snowflake of a general chairman stood up for me in a way that I couldn’t appreciate any more. He honestly shocked the :censored2: out of me with accusations against the company that were actually so true that I thanked him and offered him a large bottle of expensive whiskey just after the hearing not even the final results.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
No. RTW laws are the remedy being proposed from the outside to the idea of the union ignoring new and younger workers.

The union must address its failings of representing its entire membership (whether they vote in large numbers or not) and structure the contract to avoid pitfalls like the company deciding they need to be paying more than union negotiated labor or get used to scabs. Next up is vehicle automation that will decimate labor rates of pay--and a good reason why younger workers don't see a future in driving for the company. Which will affect pension contributions, retiree health care, and contract obligations.

That is the education that high seniority members need to think about. Oh and that is before the idea of a two tiered labor force doing the same job for different total pay (22.3 vs 22.4) when they get to the same seniority level--talk about anti-union and they let that into the contract and actually pushed for it...issue #3....and so on to continue the union's death spiral.

RTW laws were pushed for only one reason... to bankrupt unions. The idea is if you use the power of the state to force the union to represent people for free enough members will drop out the union withers and dies.

That's the only reason, the pro management entities pushing RTW do not care about your interests.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
RTW laws were pushed for only one reason... to bankrupt unions. The idea is if you use the power of the state to force the union to represent people for free enough members will drop out the union withers and dies.

That's the only reason, the pro management entities pushing RTW do not care about your interests.

The Union is legally obligated to represent the blissfully ignorant RTW people.

Good luck.... on the "quality" of representation that they receive.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

RTW keeps unions competitive and forces them to actually fight for their money and support and listen to its members. If the law says you have to pay them why would they care about you? It’s like a government subsidy. Why do airlines and banks suck so much? They know whenever they get in trouble they can go to big daddy government for a bailout. So they get away with terrible costumer service, they can price gouge, charge fees because they don’t have to be competitive with other airlines or banks. If the members in 2018 could have pulled their dues for a few months when the union pulled that forced contract BS they never would have gotten away with it. I don’t think an individual should be forced to be a member of anything. Especially when that group provides money to political parties you don’t agree with or supports other organizations you don’t agree with. They need to earn their dues and I think a lot of members believe they’re not entitled to anything right now or are so defeated about everything they just don’t care anymore.

Trailer monkey

RTW keeps unions competitive and forces them to actually fight for their money and support and listen to its members. If the law says you have to pay them why would they care about you? It’s like a government subsidy. Why do airlines and banks suck so much? They know whenever they get in trouble they can go to big daddy government for a bailout. So they get away with terrible costumer service, they can price gouge, charge fees because they don’t have to be competitive with other airlines or banks. If the members in 2018 could have pulled their dues for a few months when the union pulled that forced contract BS they never would have gotten away with it. I don’t think an individual should be forced to be a member of anything. Especially when that group provides money to political parties you don’t agree with or supports other organizations you don’t agree with. They need to earn their dues and I think a lot of members believe they’re not entitled to anything right now or are so defeated about everything they just don’t care anymore.
No one has every been forced to join the union or pay dues, it does not happen

Trailer monkey

Trailer monkey

If the law says you have to pay them why would they care about you?

There are no laws on the books anywhere that says anyone has to pay a union