Union haters welcomed

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I believe health insurance and pensions is a redline the company knows not to cross. Especially with long term Union members who do vote. The question is what will these long term Union members trade away to keep their health insurance and pensions?
Most likely some sort of cap on top pay and possibly an even longer progression to get there

Trailer monkey

I believe health insurance and pensions is a redline the company knows not to cross. Especially with long term Union members who do vote. The question is what will these long term Union members trade away to keep their health insurance and pensions?
Unless UPS has been losing money for the past 5 years, trading away anything to keep insurance and pensions should not even be on the table!

HavenoEDD

During my time I’ve seen and heard drivers moan about dues and hate on the union a lot…only to be thankful when they get their job back when it’s their turn in the crosshairs. Their attitude changes when m their stewards and BA become their only hope and fight for them.
Things happen, good and bad in unions but the new leaderships is barking and ready to fight. Let’s see what happens…one thing from 97 is that scabs weren’t tolerated and things were done to them personally and professionally that most quit over time. Not sure the new breed of drivers are going to be as untied as back them but I hope to be surprised and wrong. 👍🏻

I always welcome scab loving union haters in this forum so they can be educated to how they are clearly wrong and hopefully given something to think about.
I always remember the george lopez show when someone' mentions union, how george lopez always would be trying to shutdown the company and lay off employees and the union couldn't do anything about it.

Last edited:
During my time I’ve seen and heard drivers moan about dues and hate on the union a lot…only to be thankful when they get their job back when it’s their turn in the crosshairs. Their attitude changes when m their stewards and BA become their only hope and fight for them.
Things happen, good and bad in unions but the new leaderships is barking and ready to fight. Let’s see what happens…one thing from 97 is that scabs weren’t tolerated and things were done to them personally and professionally that most quit over time. Not sure the new breed of drivers are going to be as untied as back them but I hope to be surprised and wrong. 👍🏻
seriously worked at amazon for 10 yrs and didn't have to deal with any of this trouble I'm hearing from UPS run by unions. I get paid more than any UPS worker and my job is secure. I can't get fired unless I don't show up for work or run out of my hours. Or unless I threaten someone or have a fight. I get my full time hours, get a fat check for doing lightweight work. I'm glad I never took the UPS path. I get benefits and vacation time. I can come in when I want or decide to not come in by asking to take time off. Some days it doesn't get busy, i still get paid and get my whole 4 hours per shift than can take a 1 hour and 30 minute break. Work is close by.
I thought the grass was green on UPS and Fed EX but am realizing, how much easier I have it at amazon. Beats working as a cook for $10 per hour though today its $12.50 or doing some sort of dirty construction job.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
seriously worked at amazon for 10 yrs and didn't have to deal with any of this trouble I'm hearing from UPS run by unions. I get paid more than any UPS worker and my job is secure. I can't get fired unless I don't show up for work or run out of my hours. Or unless I threaten someone or have a fight. I get my full time hours, get a fat check for doing lightweight work. I'm glad I never took the UPS path. I get benefits and vacation time. I can come in when I want or decide to not come in by asking to take time off. Some days it doesn't get busy, i still get paid and get my whole 4 hours per shift than can take a 1 hour and 30 minute break. Work is close by.
I thought the grass was green on UPS and Fed EX but am realizing, how much easier I have it at amazon. Beats working as a cook for $10 per hour though today its $12.50 or doing some sort of dirty construction job.

At Amazon their scanners can fire them if they don't work fast enough. You must be the Dave of Amazon.

100%

Nothing. I’ll buy fresh new walking shoes for august.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Hate to tell you this... but

From what I read you are probably on their hit list once they decide to downsize. They are doing it now at UPS, outsourcing, eliminating whole departments and have and will be offering buy outs for their management people.

They can’t do the same to their Union workforce, not because they have to follow a Collective Bargaining agreement, the real reason that they are not downsizing us is that they couldn’t do the work required with anybody else in the labor market. Do not undervalue what they now classify as an “essential worker”. They couldn’t not survive the loss of their Senior Union workforce, fact is most of us Union grunts are running the day to day operations based on our work knowledge. Most of the management teams are there strictly to provide HR services to their assigned work areas.

I have to add your comment about being paid more than any UPS worker, excluding management have you seen our maximum hourly rate let alone the fact that most of us have 500 dollars a week going into both our pension and Health and Welfare plans.

You might want to backtrack on that claim..🤔

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Isn’t there an Amazon forum you can go and preach at
Nobody here cares

qdg2

Hate to tell you this... but

From what I read you are probably on their hit list once they decide to downsize. They are doing it now at UPS, outsourcing, eliminating whole departments and have and will be offering buy outs for their management people.

They can’t do the same to their Union workforce, not because they have to follow a Collective Bargaining agreement, the real reason that they are not downsizing us is that they couldn’t do the work required with anybody else in the labor market. Do not undervalue what they now classify as an “essential worker”. They couldn’t not survive the loss of their Senior Union workforce, fact is most of us Union grunts are running the day to day operations based on our work knowledge. Most of the management teams are there strictly to provide HR services to their assigned work areas.

I have to add your comment about being paid more than any UPS worker, excluding management have you seen our maximum hourly rate let alone the fact that most of us have 500 dollars a week going into both our pension and Health and Welfare plans.

You might want to backtrack on that claim..🤔
He makes $120k?

And he is a part-timer?

DELACROIX

He makes $120k?

And he is a part-timer?

He is lucky that he got in Amazon, after failing to make the cut at a UPS facility.

17.50 an hour and doesn’t work a lot of hours, can go to work or stay home depending on his mood... I guess he is happy with that...probably lives in his parents basement.
1663696193801.png

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Lol this total bull:censored2:

Lol this total bull:censored2:
i'm not saying amazon is prefect but its better than any Union run Warehouse. With amazon you just have to find the right warehouse and right schedule. For the most part most people that quit amazon don't like working. Amazon hires to easily and it always hires the wrong people in my opinion. But apparently under the new CEO of amazon with jeff bezo's stepping down. Amazon is secretly looking to downsize its employees while giving them graveyard shift hours.

DELACROIX

i'm not saying amazon is prefect but its better than any Union run Warehouse. With amazon you just have to find the right warehouse and right schedule. For the most part most people that quit amazon don't like working. Amazon hires to easily and it always hires the wrong people in my opinion. But apparently under the new CEO of amazon with jeff bezo's stepping down. Amazon is secretly looking to downsize its employees while giving them graveyard shift hours.

Better not Bigger...(for the shareholders only).