Union question

PT Car Washer

Perhaps the Company could invite the Union to make a presentation during new hire orientation.
The Twilight sort at my building actually used to do that. The Union steward would speak for 5 minutes or so on why new hires should join the Union. The truth was not very pretty about labor management relationship.

barnyard

KTM rider
It speaks volumes about a company....

When they don't offer basic information, and employees come here for answers.

-Bug-

I disagree.

I think it speaks volumes of the people that we are hiring. Answers that are easily obtainable by just speaking to coworkers.

barnyard

KTM rider
Nope. I spend time speaking with my coworkers and answer their questions as they pertain to us. If I do not know, I have introduced them to our shop steward, explained what I thought and let the steward take it from there.

It is not the companies job to chat up the union. That is the job of members.

Overpaid Union Thug

When I was hired in the hub a union rep came and talked to us during orientation. Then afterward there were always a slew of stewards in the building to ask for help. The reps from the local were seen in the hub frequently. Not so much in the extended center I work in now.

barnyard

KTM rider
and that is the fault of the union, not the company.

I am in an outstate building. Every now and then, someone will get worked up and demand that we have a union meeting that is local to our building. The BA rents a conference room at a hotel, schedules, chats people up and 3 or 4 people show up.

A strong union is made up of strong members. If everyone is happy saying nothing to new people, eventually the union will go away.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Catatonic

Nine Lives
From the retired company person.

You have made a poor and blatant overture.... on the company's behalf.

Nice job.
-Bug-

Ahhh ... I'm sorry!
Did someone remove the wheels from your Union chair?
You can still spin around!

tumblr_nj7wizgGhX1rpsv4eo1_500.gif

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
and that is the fault of the union, not the company.

I am in an outstate building. Every now and then, someone will get worked up and demand that we have a union meeting that is local to our building. The BA rents a conference room at a hotel, schedules, chats people up and 3 or 4 people show up.

A strong union is made up of strong members. If everyone is happy saying nothing to new people, eventually the union will go away.
unions will never go away, the only ones that come and go are sups thank the good Lord, fear monger management will always ensure the unions survival, the only "next best thing" for "company-man" managers and supervisors, and any one else that has taken a drink from the kool aid of company man wisedom is a shop that is not a unified and strong. the shop you refer to sounds like an example of a "as good as it can get for the company" shop were union members sound to me like are content with being loners for the most part, but i can almost guaruntee you that if the company or management attempted any kind of tomfoolery, those guys would likely band together and quickly take care of business...a good thing