Union Stweard and Operation Soupervisor collaborating in efforts to be rid of me

cynic

Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry I haven't been back on here.

Since the incident, I never really got a warning letter. I guess that was just smoke to try and scare me. It still sucks I just try to ignore everything and do as best I can. I had some misloads since then but nothing serious. I signed one little paper or two about it and thats it.

Today there was a "misload" on one of my trucks but a sup found it before it ever left. She then tried to get me to sign this thing that said I had a misload and I said I'm not signing it, that truck never left the building so it wasnt a misload. I could have found that package before it left and stopped it. And she said something along the lines of "Oh so you're not gonna sign this? We can suspend you for that you know" and I told her I wanted to talk about it with a steward before I signed anything. She said "This isnt anything serious it's just to bring the misload to your attention is all" so I said well it's to my attention now I dont need to sign a paper for that.

Operation Sup came over and said "he wont sign it? fine write refusal to sign i dont care dont you let another misload leave this building how about that"

So I went back about working, got behind kicked because of some mess up somewhere, belt jammed me and splitter have to split, I'm loading 2 trucks and a trailer with 2 trucks in it, and the splitter has no trucks. So Im stacked out the ass, gary infront of rick rick infront of zzzz zzzz infront of gary bla bla. I load everything up, belt clears out a little and I have some "time". Im making sure I had no misloads and the operation supervisor comes "What the hell are you doing I pay you to get it in the truck right the first time" bla bla bla. One of the other supervisors started to stick up for me and i Just finished my work and left.

It sucks but whatever. I'm stuck here for now. Just temporary until I finish school. I don't know the contact perfectly but I know they cant really do * to me if I'm in the union and trying hard to do my job well. I try and it's not like I misload on purpose, ** just gets crazy sometimes. Maybe theyll let me double check the trucks after I clock out or something if theres time. I wish they would let me go back to primary. He's dumb. Why have someone who's good at the sort belt loading trucks all the time if they misload? Other people have more misloads than me and a more regular basis so I don't get why he singles me out but whatever.

I was thinking about going into management to get away from the union work, but I'm too scared he'd treat me unfairly and he'd 100% be able to get rid of me easier. He seemed excited when I asked to take the MAPP today, but then the way he was treating me all day looking at me dripping sweat with hella * stacked out bitching like I wasn't trying hard enough made me change my mind. So I guess I'll just stick around until I finish school.

Pic attached is just one of my trucks after idk what happened and I got SLAMMMMMED

View attachment 10269

Oh yeah--Also heard a rumor that the operation supervisor gives payouts from his bonuses to the shop steward and such to stop him from filing grievances or helping others file grievances. Dk how true that is. One guy thats been there for a while just said yeah he gives kick backs from his bonus to gary and them so they let certain things slide

You requested representation and did not receive it. Grieve that. Immediately. I filed on my FT sup for that - didn't get anything out of it other than documentation if needed for the future.

Every bit of documentation in your "favor" you can supply your steward or BA with will benefit you if you run into disciplinary issues down the road. Build YOUR supporting case before you need it.