Union unhappiness

L

local804

Dammor,
Just like you said, I agree the pension fund cancer should stop in the central states.The whole pension fund through all the districts are being watched a little more carefully(if you know what I mean).I learned from my father,work very hard when you are young and save for your future.There is alot of advice I should have taken and didnt, but that is one of them that thank GOD I did. I invest in the stock market, 401k, and the employee purchase program. I also rolled over my thrift plan into stock before the ipo and have a very pretty portfolio waiting for that 25th year. I am not blind by the pension fund mishap and am aware that it can happen in my local.That goes to the old saying, dont keep your eggs all in one basket.Two years ago over 3,000 people were killed very close to home when the towers came tumbling down. Money isnt everything, I have my house, health, and family to look over.The worst case of scenerio is I drive for UPS till I die.
happy.gif

P

pretender

If the Union really stood for brotherhood and sisterhood, perhaps some of these locals that are so well off, would have part of their $166 weekly contribution directed to the Central States...

W

wkmac

pretender,
That's why I've never took that brotherhood/sisterhood nonsense serious. I know good and well just as I'm sure you do that this kinda talk ends when the request to do just like you said comes up. Collectives are best when you are on the recieving end of the good stuff but when the time comes to scarifice, OH HEIL NO!
LOL! And speaking of, if we are a "brotherhood" why hasn't Hoffa gone to these other locals and other plans and said, "Our CS brothers and sisters are in trouble and need our help. I'm asking everyone of you to take a $200 per month reduction in retirement benefits paid out in order to help save the CS plans and our brother members." Boy I'd love to see that because in a heart attack we'd see real quick just how far that brotherhood stuff really goes! For the record it's our mess in the CS areas so leave everyone else out of it.

Also D24 that was a good post you made.

Just found this about Teamsters in Louisville protesting CS cuts. Way to go guys in Lukyland!

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=1554314&nav=0RZEJWuO

(Message edited by wkmac on December 08, 2003)

L

local804

Pretender, Sounds good but we all have different contractual retirement language.