Universal Music coverup

CoffeeStainedUniform

When Notre Dame was ablaze, I got to thinking. Why do I feel a greater loss from cultural distruction than the countless murders, starvation, human suffering across the globe?

If you held a ming vass next to a person...I'd choose to save the person every time but a random woman dies of a heart attack or a painting is burned I'm more saddened by the painting.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It'd be quite tasty to see a big record label go down. But I don't think it'll happen.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When Notre Dame was ablaze, I got to thinking. Why do I feel a greater loss from cultural distruction than the countless murders, starvation, human suffering across the globe?

If you held a ming vass next to a person...I'd choose to save the person every time but a random woman dies of a heart attack or a painting is burned I'm more saddened by the painting.
Probably because people live then die. If preserved correctly, our history can be forever or at least a very long time.

El Correcto

god is dead

Watching the Notre Dame burn was wonderful.

I don’t get the big deal, it’s not like the fire burned my Apple Music app in my phone.

rod

Retired 22 years
Watching the Notre Dame burn was wonderful.

I don’t get the big deal, it’s not like the fire burned my Apple Music app in my phone.
It didn't take long for more than enough money to rebuild it was donated. I think they could rebuild it twice

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Would have been different if it was all rap and hip hop music-----not a tear shed
No tears in my eyes.
I don't keep my master files of all my pictures.
I keep the images I created from the master files.
We still have all the music we treasure.
UMG owned those masters ... Not artists.

BrownArmy

No tears in my eyes.
I don't keep my master files of all my pictures.
I keep the images I created from the master files.
We still have all the music we treasure.
UMG owned those masters ... Not artists.

The only issue is that tons of entire recording sessions, demos, and unreleased music got lost forevah!

If it doesn’t exist in two separate places, it doesn’t exist!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The only issue is that tons of entire recording sessions, demos, and unreleased music got lost forevah!

If it doesn’t exist in two separate places, it doesn’t exist!
If it wasn't published, no one cares except the artist.
I see your point but we got plenty of music already.

I've taken over 300,000 pictures but I have created maybe 20,000 images.
I really don't care if I were to lose any pictures but the images? ...
... Yep, I would care.

BrownArmy

If it wasn't published, no one cares except the artist.
I see your point but we got plenty of music already.

I've taken over 300,000 pictures but I have created maybe 20,000 images.
I really don't care if I were to lose any pictures but the images? ...
... Yep, I would care.

I would love to hear the studio banter during Chuck Berry’s recording sessions.

Stuff like that is gone now.

Plus, the ‘masters’ of all these iconic records are gone...sure, a lot of them have been reissued, so hopefully the duplicates that exist are solid.

It would be like if I had to take a photo of one your images to duplicate it, instead of having the source material.

Non-ideal.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I would love to hear the studio banter during Chuck Berry’s recording sessions.

Stuff like that is gone now.

Plus, the ‘masters’ of all these iconic records are gone...sure, a lot of them have been reissued, so hopefully the duplicates that exist are solid.

It would be like if I had to take a photo of one your images to duplicate it, instead of having the source material.

Non-ideal.
I agree with that but if they had not made the banter available by now, they probably never would have.
It's hard to miss what you never had.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree with that but if they had not made the banter available by now, they probably never would have.
It's hard to miss what you never had.
If you click the bottom link for The NY Times article then click the link for the full investigation article you can understand more how big of a loss it is. That article is pretty lengthy but interesting.