Unused Optional Days

Re-Raise

Did anyone besides me ever retire with unused optional days? I still had 24hrs on the books that I earned at the end of July, but hadn’t used when I walked out and retired at the end of November.

They have paid me for my accrued vacation time that I earned in 2020 to be taken in 2021 now, but I think most employers would pay out unused personal days as well. I can’t find anything in the contract and HR doesn’t really seem to exist anymore.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
IIRC, here (L705), unused option days/week are not paid out upon separation. Vacation pay is considered an earned benefit, "option" days/week not so much.

Re-Raise

How did you not use them !? I would have scheduled them as my last few days before retiring.

I was planning to work a little longer, but they pissed me off, so I filled out a resignation form and walked out.

The pension had a check in my hand 10 days later!

Re-Raise

IIRC, here (L705), unused option days/week are not paid out upon separation. Vacation pay is considered an earned benefit, "option" days/week not so much.
Okay, 710 here. I was on the phone the other day with my BA and he seemed to think I had ”earned it” in July and should get it.

Indecisi0n

I was planning to work a little longer, but they pissed me off, so I filled out a resignation form and walked out.

The pension had a check in my hand 10 days later!
Then look at it like this. It cost you a few options days to get rid of them. Well worth it if you ask me. Be happy.

Re-Raise

Then look at it like this. It cost you a few options days to get rid of them. Well worth it if you ask me. Be happy.
Thanks! They paid me for Thanksgiving and the day after, even though I resigned the Monday of that week. So it is sort of a wash.

fishtm2001

I used all of my vacation time before I retired because nobody seemed to know for sure whether or not I would just get a check. So, I officially retired June 1st but last day worked was like mid April. Then low and behold I get a call from the center mid June saying there's a check for me at the building. It was for 1k and under hours worked was the term "adjustments". I treated it like a bonus, compensation for receiving a half eaten cake on my last day after 30 years accident free as a package car driver.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Thanks! They paid me for Thanksgiving and the day after, even though I resigned the Monday of that week. So it is sort of a wash.
My last day on the books was end of May, 2018. Somehow they still managed to direct deposit to my account holiday pay for July 4th, and Labor Day on two separate checks. I was under the impression you had to work a certain number of hours in a month to qualify for the holidays even while still employed. Yet somehow they managed to pay me for two holidays and I didn't even work there anymore...lol. That's an ace payroll dept. for ya!!

cachmeifucan

Hey hondo I got a question. Can you look at my thread in union issues about death and survivor benefits I'm in 705 aswell.