UPS—where we complicate the hell out of a glass of water.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
3FD81513-2528-4EEB-8D27-186B8EF23CF6.jpeg
This is what happens when people who have never done the job come up with a million bright ideas on how to do the job.

soberups

Kind of. It's more like all that to try to avoid the 5 seconds it takes to get a signature from someone.
It takes longer than that to explain to the new gal in the office why you want her last name but do not need her signature.
Having that discussion with a female customer is borderline creepy.
Plus there are some packages that dont allow CIR but you have no way of knowing that until you hit stop complete. So you get to turn around, walk back into the office, interrupt them again, and look like a complete idiot explaining that, yes, this time you really do need a signature.
Yet another example of a bright idea pulled out of the ass of some IE guy who never delivered a package in his life.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It takes longer than that to explain to the new gal in the office why you want her last name but do not need her signature.
Having that discussion with a female customer is borderline creepy.
Plus there are some packages that dont allow CIR but you have no way of knowing that until you hit stop complete. So you get to turn around, walk back into the office, interrupt them again, and look like a complete idiot explaining that, yes, this time you really do need a signature.
Yet another example of a bright idea pulled out of the ass of some IE guy who never delivered a package in his life.

It's sad that something that simple wasn't implemented or figured out before they rolled the program out !!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Center went to CIR this week. My first stop was a convenience store with a lottery package, it worked with no problem. I spent the rest of the week explaining to the few commercial stops about this new service and everybody seems happy with it. Thursday I went into a different convenience store with a lottery package and I walked out to my package car as I was trying to close out the stop. It wouldn't take CIR, I had to go back in and get a signature. It should tell you upfront what you can DR as you scan a tracking number. I'm 95% residential so it's not going to make much of a difference.

upsgrunt

On my route, I can't CIR lottery tickets either, but it will let me CIR prescription medication to a drug store. It also won't let you CIR a surepost to a business. Go figure. At this point, I don't care anymore.

jaker

trolling
If you can get a easy Sig then why not just get it , I still get a Sig like normal still

The only time I use that is when they are busy

soberups

If you can get a easy Sig then why not just get it , I still get a Sig like normal still

The only time I use that is when they are busy
Enjoy that while it lasts.
Once CIR compliance becomes the flavor of the week in your center...which it will...management will be all over your ass like a dirty diaper to generate whatever arbitrary compliance metric they have been told to chase.

soberups

It's sad that something that simple wasn't implemented or figured out before they rolled the program out !!!!!
What they needed to do was (a) fix the bugs in the software first and (b) give us pamphlets to hand out advertising the new system rather than expecting us to verbally explain a fundamental and sweeping change to the way we do business to every single person on our route who will ever be in a position to sign for a package.

BrownArmy

CIR is a flavor of the month here.

Center Manager is PISSED, I tell you, PISSED, that we're not at 99.9999% compliance.

Lulz, same stop, different day, sometimes it lets me CIR, sometimes it doesn't, and it's not surepost packages that are the problem.

It's a fracking mess, but it works 85% of the time, so I assume UPS will just let it roll and not worry about the 15% where it goes AWOL.

Sound familiar?