UPS’s Carlton Rose: Electric is the future, but we are not there yet

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS’s Carlton Rose: Electric is the future, but we are not there yet - Freightwaves

Electric is the future of commercial trucking, said Carlton Rose, but the industry is not there yet. Rose, president of global fleet maintenance and engineering for UPS, told attendees at the Green Truck Summit in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Tuesday morning that UPS is committed to exploring all possible propulsion systems, but that ultimately, he believes electric will become the dominant option, with a caveat.

“I have one big problem with predictions,” he said during his keynote address, “they are wrong more than they are right. … [because] predictions rest on the assumption that the future is like the past.”

Rose oversees more than 340,000 global assets in his division, managing over 8,000 managers and supervisors and 454,000 employees.

“Fleets want solutions that work,” he noted later in his speech. “If the technologies don’t work, it doesn’t matter what they cost or how much in subsidiaries are available.”

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS’s Carlton Rose: Electric is the future, but we are not there yet - Freightwaves

Electric is the future of commercial trucking, said Carlton Rose, but the industry is not there yet. Rose, president of global fleet maintenance and engineering for UPS, told attendees at the Green Truck Summit in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Tuesday morning that UPS is committed to exploring all possible propulsion systems, but that ultimately, he believes electric will become the dominant option, with a caveat.

“I have one big problem with predictions,” he said during his keynote address, “they are wrong more than they are right. … [because] predictions rest on the assumption that the future is like the past.”

Rose oversees more than 340,000 global assets in his division, managing over 8,000 managers and supervisors and 454,000 employees.

“Fleets want solutions that work,” he noted later in his speech. “If the technologies don’t work, it doesn’t matter what they cost or how much in subsidiaries are available.”

And they pay this guy how much to come up with these earth shattering conclusions?