UPS: 2021 and Beyond - Company Changes, Improvements, and the Future of UPS

Heavy Package

Soon, drivers around the world will be cruising the streets in quiet package cars, with DIAD 6's holstered comfortably in the side pockets of their new uniforms, with full grown beards blowing in the breeze... Maybe even A/C and a stereo built in to the rig... Bring it on! Let's-go-Fu-ture!

I'm in my early-40's with 15 years left at UPS. I just don't care anymore. Take New Years Eve. Easy money, time and a half plus holiday pay here. Air day they said. Easy day, no one out after dark they said. Didn't leave till 11am with a 9:45am start time, 11 hour dispatch code 05 and had to put me on a 4-route combo mall industrial park with an additional 100 resi stops spread out all over. Would not let me switch because the newer drivers are all worthless sacks and whine and cry over everything and said for NYE Seniority doesn't prevail. OK, I punched out at 9:53pm.

The future of UPS? Worthless lip-service management followed by pot-smoking worthless new drivers who look like gnomes or ghetto thugs with their beards and sloppy dress. Customer service? Haven't cared about that in over 10 years here. I just do my thing and count the days till I am out of here. Pension, pay, and benefits are all I look at now. Sad, really.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
I'm in my early-40's with 15 years left at UPS. I just don't care anymore. Take New Years Eve. Easy money, time and a half plus holiday pay here. Air day they said. Easy day, no one out after dark they said. Didn't leave till 11am with a 9:45am start time, 11 hour dispatch code 05 and had to put me on a 4-route combo mall industrial park with an additional 100 resi stops spread out all over. Would not let me switch because the newer drivers are all worthless sacks and whine and cry over everything and said for NYE Seniority doesn't prevail. OK, I punched out at 9:53pm.

The future of UPS? Worthless lip-service management followed by pot-smoking worthless new drivers who look like gnomes or ghetto thugs with their beards and sloppy dress. Customer service? Haven't cared about that in over 10 years here. I just do my thing and count the days till I am out of here. Pension, pay, and benefits are all I look at now. Sad, really.
Don't complain, you have been there long enough to know it was going to be a screwed up day. I didn't sign up to work, took my 8 hours of holiday pay, and enjoyed my 4 day weekend.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

No such thing as easy days. If you been here that long you know management is full of poop. Just go out there serve your customers and you will pass under the radar until you retire. We have so many new drivers that are absolute crap that you can do really anything and not even get written up anymore. It’s fine with me as I never get a talking too. I come in do my job go home. The rest who cares about if there drivers

Overpaid Union Thug

Did any of those junior drivers work later than you? If so then file for the difference in pay. At time and half plush holiday pay you’d get a decent chunk of pocket change. Or more.