UPS announces organizational realignment

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS announces organizational realignment - UPS

UPS announced today that Juan Perez, Executive Vice President and Chief Information and Engineering Officer is retiring after a distinguished career. Scott Price, Executive Vice President International, also is retiring from the company; both are effective March 31, 2022.

“Juan Perez has had a distinguished 32-year career at UPS. His list of accomplishments is long and includes the creation of our Advanced Technology Group, the launch of our smart package initiative, and the deployment of network planning tools that continue to be critical to our success. He also strengthened information security and led the successful digital transformation and modernization of IT at UPS. Scott’s tenure has also been impressive, leading first our transformation office, and more recently the growth and expansion of our international operations. We wish both Juan and Scott all the best in their next chapter,” said Carol B. Tomé, UPS chief executive officer.

“Given these retirements, we have an opportunity to streamline roles and responsibilities to optimize our organizational effectiveness, more fully leverage the talent of our senior leaders and unlock greater value for our customers and our shareowners. As a result, today we are announcing the following organizational realignment, including integrating Global Sales and Solutions into the U.S. and International business units,” said Tomé.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

UPS announced today that Juan Perez, Executive Vice President and Chief Information and Engineering Officer is retiring after a distinguished career. Scott Price, Executive Vice President International, also is retiring from the company; both are effective March 31, 2022.

“Juan Perez has had a distinguished 32-year career at UPS. His list of accomplishments is long and includes the creation of our Advanced Technology Group, the launch of our smart package initiative, and the deployment of network planning tools that continue to be critical to our success. He also strengthened information security and led the successful digital transformation and modernization of IT at UPS. Scott’s tenure has also been impressive, leading first our transformation office, and more recently the growth and expansion of our international operations. We wish both Juan and Scott all the best in their next chapter,” said Carol B. Tomé, UPS chief executive officer.

“Given these retirements, we have an opportunity to streamline roles and responsibilities to optimize our organizational effectiveness, more fully leverage the talent of our senior leaders and unlock greater value for our customers and our shareowners. As a result, today we are announcing the following organizational realignment, including integrating Global Sales and Solutions into the U.S. and International business units,” said Tomé.

Scott and Juan “ best wishes on a good retirement now on to your new chapter”...

👍

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

@Lineandinitial we need a translation. Way too much corporate speak for the layman.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I would like to see those leaving have no replacements or if they are replaced it would be with qualified women...

Their redundant positions are eliminated, gone, no more, extinct, went bye bye....transformed into other positions, more work to the worried.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
@Lineandinitial we need a translation. Way too much corporate speak for the layman.
Give some people more to be "over" and justify big stock incentive giveaways.
Scott's like an "also ran"....didn't do much and his name is included because they had to so their disappointment in him wouldn't be so obvious.
“Juan Perez has had a distinguished 32-year career at UPS. His list of accomplishments is long and includes the creation of our Advanced Technology Group, the launch of our smart package initiative, and the deployment of network planning tools that continue to be critical to our success. He also strengthened information security and led the successful digital transformation and modernization of IT at UPS.
Wow...Carol loves Juan! 😍He did so much. plus he's a minority!
Scott’s tenure has also been impressive, leading first our transformation office, and more recently the growth and expansion of our international operations.
Yeah, this White guy works here too...meh
We wish both Juan and Scott all the best in their next chapter,” said Carol B. Tomé, UPS chief executive officer.

“Given these retirements, we have an opportunity to streamline roles and responsibilities to optimize our organizational effectiveness, more fully leverage the talent of our senior leaders and unlock greater value for our customers and our shareowners.
Wait for it....Build Back Better not Bigger............
As a result, today we are announcing the following organizational realignment, including integrating Global Sales and Solutions into the U.S. and International business units,” said Tomé.
HUH??? were either of these guys involved in Global Sales and Solutions????

Including?

WTF else is going to change???

@UnionStrong ....that's what we're talking about.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Give some people more to be "over" and justify big stock incentives

Scott's like an "also ran"....didn't do much and his name is included because they had to

Wow...Carol love Juan! He did so much. plus he's a minority!

Yeah, this White guy works here too...meh

Wait for it....Build Back Better not Bigger............

HUH??? were either of these guys involved in Global Sales and Solutions????

Including?

WTF else is going to change???

@UnionStrong ....that's what we're talking about.
D53D6BEC-F016-4020-9639-47B352057A9C.gif

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I would like to see those leaving have no replacements or if they are replaced it would be with qualified women...
How about the best qualified trans woman who is at least 6% native american, 14% innuit, with a BMI of 25. Adding qualifications for a job that have absolutely nothing to do with the job is a very slippery slope...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
How about the best qualified trans woman who is at least 6% native american, 14% innuit, with a BMI of 25. Adding qualifications for a job that have absolutely nothing to do with the job is a very slippery slope...
So glad to see there are those out there who knows what really matters.

Karma...

I am glad that I grew up when I did....the country, world and company are so much different now than then. I am in the last lap of my life......I will do better next time......