UPS: Blue Chip Dividend Poised For More Growth

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS: Blue Chip Dividend Poised For More Growth - Seeking Alpha

Summary
  • UPS has been in operation for more than 100 years. It currently offers a 3% dividend, which places it on our list of blue chip stocks.
  • Concerns about Amazon building its own fleet are overblown. UPS still has multiple growth drivers for the future, including business-to-consumer, and international growth.
  • With a 3% dividend yield and 10% dividend growth potential each year, UPS offers a strong mix of current yield and dividend growth.

CoolStoryBro

Nice dividend, but earnings are low for the valuation. I'm in at 71$ per share and reinvest all dividends. But won't buy in at current crazy prices unless either UPS increases earnings drastically or they bring back the old DESPP with 10% off best price in quarter (something like that, can't remember that far back). The current 5% DESPP SUCKS.

Cool Story Bro

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Nice dividend, but earnings are low for the valuation. I'm in at 71$ per share and reinvest all dividends. But won't buy in at current crazy prices unless either UPS increases earnings drastically or they bring back the old DESPP with 10% off best price in quarter (something like that, can't remember that far back). The current 5% DESPP SUCKS.

Cool Story Bro
hey bear in mind that DRIP is at market price

if you have the discipline you could just take the dividends and DESPP them back in

CoolStoryBro

hey bear in mind that DRIP is at market price

if you have the discipline you could just take the dividends and DESPP them back in

I know. I've thought a lot about it. But i only have ~55 shares. So my dividend check's aren't enough that I care to bother. DRIPP is just easy and lowers my cost basis.

If I were searching under couch cushions for money to max my roth and traditional ira (backdoor roth) then I would utilize those dividends better.