UPS Board Announces Quarterly Dividend

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The UPS Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.62 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares.

The dividend is payable May 29, 2013, to shareowners of record on May 13, 2013.

Earlier this year, the UPS Board increased the regular quarterly dividend by nearly 9% to the current level of $0.62 per share. UPS's dividend has more than tripled since 2000, growing at a compounded annual rate of 10.5%.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The UPS Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.62 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares.

The dividend is payable May 29, 2013, to shareowners of record on May 13, 2013.

Earlier this year, the UPS Board increased the regular quarterly dividend by nearly 9% to the current level of $0.62 per share. UPS's dividend has more than tripled since 2000, growing at a compounded annual rate of 10.5%.

That's where over $2 billion of the UPS profits go BTW.

I bet the dividends are going up,cutting routes and sending us out with 11 hour days every day. There making a killing off of us. We are 10 driver short right now. There waiting on June so they car hire temps.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
​The board argued that maintaining the dual class share share structure is important because it maintains our ownership culture. The board stressed the ownership culture's importance to Jim Casey.

So what percentage of this dividend payout is going to "employee owners"? 45% or so? Jim Casey would call that employee ownership?

brownIEman

I bet the dividends are going up,cutting routes and sending us out with 11 hour days every day. There making a killing off of us. We are 10 driver short right now. There waiting on June so they car hire temps.

I love the irony in this statement - "They are making a killing off us". About 70% of the UPS float is held by institutions, mainly mutual funds, you know, like the kind retirement funds invest in. So around 70% of these dividends are going to them. So, Who, exactly is making a killing off us?