UPS Careers website

nicoj36

Is it just me or is the website (jobs-ups.com) lacking more features and informations for applicants?

What I mean by that is, I've sent applications to like 4-5 positions and all they needed was name and a phone number I believe.

It didn't even ask pre-screening questions or work-history, resumes, nothing.

How will UPS find out who the best applicants are from the pool if all requirements they require are phone numbers? I feel like my application is nothing because they can't see my history and other accomplishments at all.

:lol::lol:

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Is it just me or is the website (jobs-ups.com) lacking more features and informations for applicants?

What I mean by that is, I've sent applications to like 4-5 positions and all they needed was name and a phone number I believe.

How will UPS find out who the best applicants are from the pool if all requirements they require are phone numbers? I feel like my application is nothing because they can't see my history and other accomplishments at all.

They will hire anyone.The majority of new hires quit within a week or 2.

rod

Retired 22 years
The application will eventually only have one question on it--------When can you start work?

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Due to HIPAA laws, they can no longer ask if you have a pulse, so if you answer the phone they will assume you have a pulse, which is now the only job requirement.

Local63Ontario

If you have hands, you are hired. Pulse not needed

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

They don’t ask any background questions because the job weeds people out very quickly.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

So is this a complaint or congratulations?

I prefer this method...

It weeds out those who weaseled their way to a degree.

Previous experience or education does not mean you are automatically qualified for anything.

And this is from someone with a few pieces of paper in my mothers mantal...

Some certifications...

Some trainings.

But i lift, married up and have a sweet ass truck.

Trying to figure out if I'm helping.

Definitely on topic tho.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I prefer this method...

Previous experience or education does not mean you are automatically qualified for anything.

Some certifications...

Some trainings.

Definitely on topic tho.
Definitely helping.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
This is not like most jobs. They just want a live human. No need to sort through the applicants. Just hire a bunch and see who makes it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Definitely helping.
Thank you kind sir

tumblr_ogilbrl0Hv1uh70wdo1_500.gif

I prefer this method...

Some certifications...

Some trainings.

Definitely on topic tho.
Definitely helping.
Clearly.

:censored2:ing.

Helping.

Literally, the most help.

Ever.

Helping @NAHimGOOD retain confidence.

On sub-topic.