UPS driver from Bridgewater rescues 8 from Ida floodwaters on Route 22

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver from Bridgewater rescues 8 from Ida floodwaters on Route 22 - My Central Jersey

He's the "class clown" who thought he was just "being a good human."

UPS driver Nick Dirla delivered something more valuable than packages during the Sept. 1 flood.

He delivered eight people to safety after they became trapped in the rapidly rising flash flood waters on Route 22.

Just four months on the job, the 22-year-old Bridgewater resident found himself on westbound Route 22 at the end of his shift when the torrent from the remnants of Hurricane Ida was at its most intense.

UPS driver from Bridgewater rescues 8 from Ida floodwaters on Route 22 - My Central Jersey

He's the "class clown" who thought he was just "being a good human."

UPS driver Nick Dirla delivered something more valuable than packages during the Sept. 1 flood.

He delivered eight people to safety after they became trapped in the rapidly rising flash flood waters on Route 22.

Just four months on the job, the 22-year-old Bridgewater resident found himself on westbound Route 22 at the end of his shift when the torrent from the remnants of Hurricane Ida was at its most intense.
I commend this young man for his bravery on the other hand I condemn this company for having our drivers out in situations like that