UPS Driver robbed and kidnapped; suspect still on the loose

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Driver robbed and kidnapped; suspect still on the loose - WBRC

Jefferson County investigators need your help finding a man who robbed and kidnapped a UPS driver making deliveries earlier this month in the Center Point area. The UPS driver was making a stop in the 300 block of Sun Hill Road November 5 around 7:30 p.m. While the driver was in the back of the truck, Crime Stoppers says a skinny black male about 5′8″ pulled a gun on the driver.

“The employe gave him the keys. The suspect closed the back door of the truck, with the employee still in there. He got in the truck and drove away,” J.M. Davis with Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama said.

The good news for the UPS driver, the suspect did not latch the door of the truck. The employee was able to get out while the truck slowed down and got away.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS Driver robbed and kidnapped; suspect still on the loose - WBRC

Jefferson County investigators need your help finding a man who robbed and kidnapped a UPS driver making deliveries earlier this month in the Center Point area. The UPS driver was making a stop in the 300 block of Sun Hill Road November 5 around 7:30 p.m. While the driver was in the back of the truck, Crime Stoppers says a skinny black male about 5′8″ pulled a gun on the driver.

“The employe gave him the keys. The suspect closed the back door of the truck, with the employee still in there. He got in the truck and drove away,” J.M. Davis with Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama said.

The good news for the UPS driver, the suspect did not latch the door of the truck. The employee was able to get out while the truck slowed down and got away.
Its always one of Obamas kids.

Box Ox

Uh, it is quite easy to open either the bulkhead or rear overhead door from the cargo area.

I have to agree with @bbsam-----the driver may have been in on this.

Don't think so.

By "The good news for the UPS driver, the suspect did not latch the door of the truck" I think the article author meant the suspect hadn't chained the back door to secure it. Folks who are not UPS employees tend to not know how back doors of UPS trucks work.

And as far as opening the bulkhead door to try and make an exit.....I sure as hell wouldn't if a guy with a gun was in the driver's seat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't think so.

By "The good news for the UPS driver, the suspect did not latch the door of the truck" I think the article author meant the suspect hadn't chained the back door to secure it. Folks who are not UPS employees tend to not know how back doors of UPS trucks work.

And as far as opening the bulkhead door to try and make an exit.....I sure as hell wouldn't if a guy with a gun was in the driver's seat.

Folks who are UPS employees tend to not bother securing the overhead door with the chain.