UPS expands deal with Google Cloud to analyze surge in data coming from RFID chips on packages

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS expands deal with Google Cloud to analyze surge in data coming from RFID chips on packages - Seeking Alpha​

• United Parcel Service (NYSE:UPS) to announce an expansion of its 2019 deal with Alphabet’s Google Cloud as the logistics company rolls out new data initiatives - WSJ.
  • The companies declined to comment on the size of the cloud capacity increase or the value of the deal.
  • The company will receive increased network, storage and compute capacity and will continue using Google’s artificial-intelligence and machine-learning tools to analyze its incoming data, which is expected to surge with the introduction of initiatives such as putting radio-frequency identification chips (RFID) on packages.
  • In 2021, UPSdelivered more than 25M packages a day, up from 24.7M a day in 2020.

UPS expands deal with Google Cloud to analyze surge in data coming from RFID chips on packages - Seeking Alpha​

• United Parcel Service (NYSE:UPS) to announce an expansion of its 2019 deal with Alphabet’s Google Cloud as the logistics company rolls out new data initiatives - WSJ.
  • The companies declined to comment on the size of the cloud capacity increase or the value of the deal.
  • The company will receive increased network, storage and compute capacity and will continue using Google’s artificial-intelligence and machine-learning tools to analyze its incoming data, which is expected to surge with the introduction of initiatives such as putting radio-frequency identification chips (RFID) on packages.
  • In 2021, UPSdelivered more than 25M packages a day, up from 24.7M a day in 2020.
I'm putting my tin foil hat on