UPS Harassment and Workplace violence policies

detel555

one pcm we had comes to mind. I am a part timer and i remember one night our manager was giving pcm and had the nerve to tell us we need to get out faster to save the company money. At the time we were barely getting our 3.5 hours a day... Save them money? Poor poor UPS ican barelyafford to eat or put gas in my vehicle to make it to work every day, struggling to survive and keep myself out of homelessness, and my primary concern should be the welfare of a multi billion dollar corporation? Maybe if management took cuts in their salaries and gave a little to the poor, the freaking veigns of this place, morale would be higher and productivity would increase. I honestly dont know how anybody sticks around ups long enough for it to be worth it. I am sick and tired of being yelled at by some snotty sup with a manager hanging over his/her shoulder when i am clearly working my best. I come to work and i work hard and try to stay out of the bs and drama in this place, because thats the way i was brought up, and the longer i work here the more they kill that. I am a firm believer in setting the standard rather than meeting the standard, because it makes me feel good when i know i went in and gave it my best, yet i find myself more and more unmotivated every day. Note to managers: just shut the hell up if you want to boost productivity, i am here to work and the more i feel like im just your slave the more i want to tell you to stick where the sun dont shine and go sleep in the gutter. My 2 extra dollars a month isnt worth your BS

hahahaha that was a well scripted pcm lol that definetly wasnt anyone who drives a truck for UPS. Profits are high than ever, yeah dhl went down the tube who benefitted from that? Yeah I make good money, Do I get to see much of my family??NO. I work my butt off to get what I have. Sure we are promised 9.5 days in the contract but see what happens when you mention your would really not like to work 50, 60hrs a week because your daughter or son never sees you, not to mention your spouse has to pretty much do everything at home because when you get home its time to go to bed. No offense to our Part time brothers and sisters but when I was a part timer I got a warning letter if I messed up. I was always held accoutable for my load, unloading or sorting. Nowadays or at least at my center when I have a load that was obviously loaded by standing at the back of the truck and seeing where it lands, management says to me, "I cant punish them they will just quit" really? then find someone that has a little more pride in their job. When I was a part timer I had pride in being able to say I work for UPS and I looked forward to becoming a driver. its so funny how the so called numbers can change how ever they want or by what ever code they want to enter.