UPS help?

gotendbz1

Hi all,

Just wanted an inside take on this. I shipped out a package on 7/27/2012, package was picked up by driver and scanned at that time. So on sunday I go to check the status and for some unknown reason there seems to be a previous delivery assoicated with my tracking#, so status say delivered weird.

I can them up on monday and they said the package is going to OKC, which is the location of the previous delivery on that tracking#, my label with the exact same tracking# is suppose to go to California.
I request a return to sender on the package, this was yesterday morning.

As the status on the shipment only shows pickup scan, I went down to the local hub and some with a clerk who was very helpful and looked for my package for about 40mins with no luck. He said it might be on a truck to the destination and to give till today for a scan to come up somewhere. I called them back up today to ask if they have any info and was told they have no idea where package is who anything, only thing I can do is wait until 8/02 which is the last day the package can be delivered before they can put a tracer? on it. I also asked them about the weird tracking info and they had no answer for me there either.

Now I worried that the package is lost or stolen, there has not been a scan on it since friday. Can the driver who picked up my package and scanned it see the info that it was messed up with a previous delivery and taken it?

Any info on this would, I shipped alot with ups and have never have a tracking number reused before. any chances my package will get back to me or get delivered. I just have a bad feeling about this as there are no scans of the package at all other then it being picked up and with the messed up tracking info.

end rant. sorry for the long read.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

Can the driver who picked up my package and scanned it see the info that it was messed up with a previous delivery and taken it?
Assuming the address label was correct (you the shipper, you're destination the receiver), no.

Highly unusual for a tracking number to be reused.

gotendbz1

Assuming the address label was correct (you the shipper, you're destination the receiver), no.

Highly unusual for a tracking number to be reused.

label is correct, I'm the sending and the receiver address is correct.

What type of label did you use? Did you cover the old label?
label was created with pitney bowes ups sendsuite application , only one label was on the box.

I also have a copy of the label and all info on it is correct.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if the package has only one label on it, it'll get to the destination ok

might cause a clerk or OMS a headache along the way, but it'll arrive where it needs to go

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are 18 characters in a UPS barcode, 4 of which are for UPS use only and 6 which are the shipper number. That leaves 8 characters to be used randomly. Simple math dictates that barcodes are reused.

gotendbz1

how did you get in touch with a clerk>?

I went to the shipping depot where you pickup/ship package and the shippign clerk was kind enough to help. He saw the trackign and said he never seen it before.

I didn't want to post the tracking#, but what would cause the tracking to only saw a pickup scan and nothing after that? it still only has the pickup scan since 7/27.

rocket man

you went down to local hub , you got into the hub? how did you get in? then you looked around to find rhe right clerk?then you had a clerk work for forty minutes helping you ? friendly building

gotendbz1

you went down to local hub , you got into the hub? how did you get in? then you looked around to find rhe right clerk?then you had a clerk work for forty minutes helping you ? friendly building

the place where you go to pickup your package if you missed the delivery, i spoke with the guy who would take your packages if you were to ship them there and yes he was very friendly.
he seemed to really be interested at how the trackign got all messed up and stuff. I still don't know what is happening.

anyone ever deliver a package with no scan on tracking along the way at all?

Johney

I hate to tell you but if you want any serious help here you are going to have to post the tracking number or at least show us what our site says about your package blocking out the number if you feel necessary.

gotendbz1

I hate to tell you but if you want any serious help here you are going to have to post the tracking number or at least show us what our site says about your package blocking out the number if you feel necessary.

screen shot of info. below.

2hcnt6c.png

S

splozi

So, the tracking basically shows nothing new. It's exactly as OP described. Old tracking info at the bottom - pickup scan at the top.

I've had something similar happen to me, but I think it was with the Post Office.

The fact that there were no new scans after the pickup is kind of disturbing, but I've seen it happen before.