UPS Inducts 1,412 Of Its Safest Drivers Into Circle Of Honor

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
  • Nearly 940 Drivers Accident-Free for 35 Years or more, Six for 50 or more
  • Elite Drivers in Countries outside the U.S. now total 660
UPS today announced the induction of 1,412 men and women into the Circle of Honor, an elite group of UPS drivers who have been among the safest drivers on the road, and have not had an avoidable accident for 25 years or more. With those new inductees, the Circle of Honor now includes 10,779 of UPS’s active brown-clad drivers.

As a global pandemic made their services more important than ever, UPS drivers continued to help deliver three percent of the world’s GDP – averaging over 20 million packages per day in 2020, from important documents and just-in-time business inventory, to food, clothing and even critical PPE along with millions of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Safe driving is a focus for all UPS drivers, who as a group log close to 3.5 billion miles per year and deliver 5.5 billion packages annually. Collectively, active UPS Circle of Honor drivers have driven about 15 billion miles without so much as a fender-bender.

“I send my sincere appreciation to all of our drivers, and a special ‘Thank You’ to our Circle of Honor members. Your commitment to safety is part of what makes UPS great,” said UPS CEO Carol Tomé.

In addition to drivers in the U.S., this year’s Circle of Honor includes new members from Canada, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, Singapore and Taiwan.

rod

Retired 22 years
6 for 50 years of safe driving? !!!! My god what in the hell is going on at UPS. When was UPS turned into a fun place to work. You guys are friend'in NUTS.

Hopkins

• Nearly 940 Drivers Accident-Free for 35 Years or more, Six for 50 or more
  • Elite Drivers in Countries outside the U.S. now total 660
UPS today announced the induction of 1,412 men and women into the Circle of Honor, an elite group of UPS drivers who have been among the safest drivers on the road, and have not had an avoidable accident for 25 years or more. With those new inductees, the Circle of Honor now includes 10,779 of UPS’s active brown-clad drivers.

As a global pandemic made their services more important than ever, UPS drivers continued to help deliver three percent of the world’s GDP – averaging over 20 million packages per day in 2020, from important documents and just-in-time business inventory, to food, clothing and even critical PPE along with millions of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Safe driving is a focus for all UPS drivers, who as a group log close to 3.5 billion miles per year and deliver 5.5 billion packages annually. Collectively, active UPS Circle of Honor drivers have driven about 15 billion miles without so much as a fender-bender.

“I send my sincere appreciation to all of our drivers, and a special ‘Thank You’ to our Circle of Honor members. Your commitment to safety is part of what makes UPS great,” said UPS CEO Carol Tomé.

In addition to drivers in the U.S., this year’s Circle of Honor includes new members from Canada, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, Singapore and Taiwan.
Where are the names posted for the Circle of Honor on this article? Thank you

Karma...

The Circle of Honor at 25 years is quite an accomplishment...There should be another plateau for 50 years of safe driving .....There should also be similar recognitions for having no injuries for both milestones....ups talks a big game but when it comes down to it one has to question if safety really does matter ?....Positive recognition goes a long way.......I understand that geico will be replacing liberty mutual and will be bringing new ideas for safety and training.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Must truly be meaningless this circle of honor since UPS cut off all awards and banquets.

Karma...

if there were an option of a ups Circle of Honor watch that would be great.........I would think that the banquets would resume after covid....the awards are still around......jackets for example...I may be wrong........

What'dyabringmetoday???

if there were an option of a ups Circle of Honor watch that would be great.........I would think that the banquets would resume after covid....the awards are still around......jackets for example...I may be wrong........
In these parts. Circle of Honor is for those that are always "paid-under".