UPS Integration of Future Technologies

Spanky250

But look at the big picture...Being less efficient on a daily basis will bring your stops down in the future. Less stops=less work=easier days.

New guys usually take years to realize... that which costs you time every day will save you work.

Yep, I take all the NDA I can from other drivers. They think they are saving time today, but thier stop counts go up and mine goes down. More miles, less efficient stops=less work on a daily basis.

If only it worked that way. Stop counts never go down.

35years

Gravy route
Mine are down 15% since Orion was implemented.
You just have to be consistent and NEVER run, hurry, work off the clock or take short cuts.
Combine that with ALWAYS filing 9.5s.

But most drivers don't have the patience or balls.

They bury themselves.

UPSER1987

You just have to be consistent and NEVER run, hurry, work off the clock or take short cuts.

They bury themselves.
Never seen this to be true. Just keep paying out the 9.5s here. Stop counts never change.

Spanky250

Never seen this to be true. Just keep paying out the 9.5s here. Stop counts never change.

Yep. Stop counts just keep climbing, and they have no choice but to just pay the greivances because corporate won't allow them to hire any more drivers, and we have no place to put more routes anyway. We have long since outgrown our building and corporate doesn't care. We now have 3 permanent fruitstand extensions and no place to put more.

Overpaid Union Thug

It absolutely works. Well, for those of us that actually try anyway.
I agree. Work smarter not harder. Working past 8/9 pm is for idiots.
Running 10/11 hours of work in less than 9 1/2 hours is definitely not working smarter.

They bury themselves.
I’ve been reading these comments on here long enough, and listening to similar ones in my own center, to have realized that most of the anti-ORION drivers are likely absorbing work from people like you and I. Bless their little hearts! It’s nice to have them around. LMFAO!

wilberforce15

Virtual(VR) and augmented(AR) realities will have a profound impact on the world, much like the impact of the internet and the cell phone. And it's also going to change the way companies do business in the near future. Ten years from now, UPS drivers will likely be wearing augmented reality glasses. The glasses could display information such as turn-by-turn directions, message notifications, the package manifest, and could even include a built-in LED scanner. Say bye-bye to the DIAD all together.

The future is an exciting place to ponder.

UPS drivers?

There won't be any.

35years

Gravy route

Running 10/11 hours of work in less than 9 1/2 hours is definitely not working smarter.

I’ve been reading these comments on here long enough, and listening to similar ones in my own center, to have realized that most of the anti-ORION drivers are likely absorbing work from people like you and I. Bless their little hearts! It’s nice to have them around. LMFAO!
It comes down to how you want to live your life.
Cowards die a thousand deaths. Each time they duck and hide a part of them dies.

I would rather be fired once than live like that. I chose to fight for my rights and I work as best I can. That way I can look at myself in the mirror and never bow before them. I have a very thick file. Dozens of warning letters, and dozens of grievances.

I am not courageous, I just won't live my life in fear, otherwise you never truly live.

Saca La

What is it?

Me and another OG driver were once highly against using Orión. We both said “we’re not going out there doing circles and goofy :censored2: when we know how to run the route better”. Then we started following it stop by stop. You literally have to shut off your brain and not care so much about what’s on the board. Just drive to your next stop. The driver and my stop counts started going down. It’s funny because I see all these other drivers heavy every day. But here I am with my 113 stops. Orión makes that :censored2: last 9hrs. I’d rather have a really stupid easy :censored2:ing day with Orión than killing the route everyday. Making my stop count go up.

Orion is the way to go. And I was so against it at first.

Spanky250

Me and another OG driver were once highly against using Orión. We both said “we’re not going out there doing circles and goofy * when we know how to run the route better”. Then we started following it stop by stop. You literally have to shut off your brain and not care so much about what’s on the board. Just drive to your next stop. The driver and my stop counts started going down. It’s funny because I see all these other drivers heavy every day. But here I am with my 113 stops. Orión makes that * last 9hrs. I’d rather have a really stupid easy *ing day with Orión than killing the route everyday. Making my stop count go up.

So you back up 75 times a day? Because that's what I would have to do to follow Ocrapion.

Overpaid Union Thug

So you back up 75 times a day? Because that's what I would have to do to follow Ocrapion.
Sometimes more. That’s what they want so that’s what they get. I follow it as close to 100% as humanly possible until it’s dangerous. When that happens I make an adjustment and then get back on trace. If I have to break for the restroom (or and actual lunch break) then I do and then get back on trace. It will be followed. Number of backs be damned. Over/under allowed be damned. Miles be damned.
Me and another OG driver were once highly against using Orión. We both said “we’re not going out there doing circles and goofy * when we know how to run the route better”. Then we started following it stop by stop. You literally have to shut off your brain and not care so much about what’s on the board. Just drive to your next stop. The driver and my stop counts started going down. It’s funny because I see all these other drivers heavy every day. But here I am with my 113 stops. Orión makes that * last 9hrs. I’d rather have a really stupid easy *ing day with Orión than killing the route everyday. Making my stop count go up.

ORION is great for lowering your stop count AND getting more OT with less work. Once you stop caring about anything other than actually driving safely and delivering the packages it almost becomes entertaining at times.

Another driver in my center and I talk on then phone (hands free) often and have a good ole time calling out all the stops we’re passing and the often ridiculous travel paths it creates just to get us to the route from the center and vice versa.

Most drivers get irritated as those things occur (if they even follow it) but we’ve been in “I don’t give a crap mode” for so long, and are reaping the results, that we thrive on it all. If we could fix ORION so that it doesn’t scramble streets with cul de sacs i would almost say ORION is the greatest addition ever.

Saca La

What is it?
I drive all the way down to the cul de sac and turn around. No cul de sac. Turn to the next street available with cul de sac. Nothing? Turn to the next street or turn around somewhere safe. If anything just back up on their drive. Don’t worrie man. You will figure it out.

Spanky250

I drive all the way down to the cul de sac and turn around. No cul de sac. Turn to the next street available with cul de sac. Nothing? Turn to the next street or turn around somewhere safe. If anything just back up on their drive. Don’t worrie man. You will figure it out.

There's nothing to figure out, I don't back unless there's no alternative. I go around the block. Eff Orion.

Whereistheunion

10 years from now we will be working for Amazon.
Our trucks will soon look like this, with a new slogan. UPS a AMAZON COMPANY if we don't drum up new business soon.

Attachments

• amazon_new_walk_in_truck_image_reuters_1594455536808.jpg
    amazon_new_walk_in_truck_image_reuters_1594455536808.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 60