UPS Life Insurance

Rented Ammo

I heard from a co-worker that were able to buy life insurance and the cost can get taken out of our paycheck. He said it's very inexpensive compared to finding coverage on your own. Also, he said you can only enroll in November each year. I didnt get the name or who to call to set this up cuz he never texted me back. Does anyone know anything about this?

I heard from a co-worker that were able to buy life insurance and the cost can get taken out of our paycheck. He said it's very inexpensive compared to finding coverage on your own. Also, he said you can only enroll in November each year. I didnt get the name or who to call to set this up cuz he never texted me back. Does anyone know anything about this?
IMG_20181124_130955648.jpg

Maplewood

Nothing like that in the west except the 10k payout to your beneficiary that comes with your union dues. May vary by local?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Have you actually tried to get it on your own?

If I wanted advice on how to clean a vape smoker or bong, I’d go to my coworkers. When it comes to a policy that you’ll be paying for, for 15-30 years, I’ll do a little more research on my own.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nothing like that in the west except the 10k payout to your beneficiary that comes with your union dues. May vary by local?

As a part timer we had access to pretty cheap short term disability and life insurance. I think it was offered by the company, rather than the union. I didn't realize it went away when I went full time until about a year later.

Have you actually tried to get it on your own?

If I wanted advice on how to clean a vape smoker or bong, I’d go to my coworkers. When it comes to a policy that you’ll be paying for, for 15-30 years, I’ll do a little more research on my own.
It is a good value but unfortunately it is too expensive to keep after you retire, you don't get the group rates anymore

But it is a good secondary policy to have, especially if you are young with kids, mortage payment and a non working spouce

Just like everything else you do need to price shop.

And many employees do not realize that we already have life insurance through the concomp at no cost

1040 X hourly rate for part timers

2080 X hourly rate for full timers

It is a good value but unfortunately it is too expensive to keep after you retire, you don't get the group rates anymore

But it is a good secondary policy to have, especially if you are young with kids, mortage payment and a non working spouce

Just like everything else you do need to price shop.

And many employees do not realize that we already have life insurance through the concomp at no cost

1040 X hourly rate for part timers

2080 X hourly rate for full timers
Is this still true? My husband died in August after 41 years with ups. How do I find out more?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Term bought through a company like Banner or AIG is less expensive. They can take the money right out of your account. Most locals have credit unions which make that easy.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Ours is 2k. I’d like to just give it up to avoid talking to these clowns. Considering I have a million for life insurance 2k is SQUAT.

Johney

Before I retired it was around $75,000 for me and I think $5,000 if the wife passed and $2,500 for any children still covered under the plan. Teamcare.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
When my eldest was born, I was able to get a 500k policy for 30 years at 23 bucks a month. Policy came back cheaper than my wife's, which according to the auditor that never happens

Brownwind

Is this still true? My husband died in August after 41 years with ups. How do I find out more?
I’m sorry for your loss. Unfortunately many on this site mean well but are far removed from actual working at ups. I would recommend visiting a probate lawyer to research what is available to you. If you’ve received some portion of pension maybe additional coverage is available.
Again many on this site are far removed from the new ups and are giving advice that is decades removed. God bless and stay strong.