UPS May Follow FedEx Pricing Changes for Revenue Gain

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS May Follow FedEx Pricing Changes for Revenue Gain - Bloomberg

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) may find find FedEx Corp. (FDX)’s new pricing rules too tempting to pass up.

As FedEx prepares to start charging for ground-shipped packages by size, not just weight, the promise of $350 million in extra revenue could be “compelling” enough to spur UPS to copy that approach, said Kevin Sterling, a BB&T Capital Markets analyst. UPS said it’s “continually” evaluating its policies.

“History tells you that when one changes prices, the other follows,” Sterling said yesterday in an interview about the prospects for Atlanta-based UPS joining FedEx with a different rate structure.

Packmule

So why when I ship one do I have to include the dimensions? And why does it ask about oversize if we are not already doing this?

So much for an analyst understanding the industry!
Ups charges extra,for the wrong things! Maybe the should charge extra, for business that open up, whenever they feel like It!

If I deliver that section at 11.30 and you are closed on Mondays, Open Tuesday 1 till 6, every other Wednesday, Thursday. 2 till 8, and Friday by chance!.....Whyin the world should I have to cater to them??I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ups charges extra,for the wrong things! Maybe the should charge extra, for business that open up, whenever they feel like It!

If I deliver that section at 11.30 and you are closed on Mondays, Open Tuesday 1 till 6, every other Wednesday, Thursday. 2 till 8, and Friday by chance!.....Whyin the world should I have to cater to them??I
Clsd1 clsd2 clsd3. If they want me to go back I'm paid by the hour and have an avenue to dispute excessive OT.

Packmule

Hey, we are the leaders in this industry! We may be going the wrong direction sometimes, but we are still leading!