UPS or USPS??

Undecided4now

Anyone have any opinions, or better yet experience at both of UPS and USPS?? I have to choose one. Was offered seasonal position from UPS($4 more than USPS. )However USPS is permanent. I am not sure yet what my chances are of getting on permanent at UPS after season is over. But if anyone has any experience at both companies and give their opinions on which one is better to work for to help me make a executive decision, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Be prepared to have the ever loving crap worked out of you unless that's changed. When I was at the post office 2015-2016 the rural carrier assistants and city carrier assistants were working 7 days a week for months on end. Putting in 12 hour days. I hope that has changed but they worked those people to death.

JJinVA

My friend is a stone mason. The money hes making now, after going out on his own, is rediculous.

I was a general contractor, top rated in my area for bathroom remodels. It wasnt anything to make $10k a month when things were good. My first 4 years in business were outstanding. But then things slowly started dropping off, phone stopped ringing as much, I started losing steam so I stopped advertising and started looking for a brown life-raft.

I think that there are some businesses that are much lower risk, lower insurance, and higher profit margins than construction. I have one in mind that I might start and will let you know hw it goes but I will definitely need employees to run it as I obviously wont have the time. That was another thing that killed alot of business for me back in the day, Obamacare. If I had more than 2 employees, I was forced to pay workmans comp insurance ($7000 a year) and Obamacare health insurance for my employees. It ended up being that I would make more money doing jobs on my own occasionally hiring helpers from Labor Ready than it would be to have staff of my own. So most of the time I took on large jobs by myself and paid helpers $100 a day. Once the ACA is done away with, I can hire people again. Kinda glad it worked out the way it did though cause I have a better business plan now that I got my feet wet.

MAKAVELI

I was a general contractor, top rated in my area for bathroom remodels. It wasnt anything to make $10k a month when things were good. My first 4 years in business were outstanding. But then things slowly started dropping off, phone stopped ringing as much, I started losing steam so I stopped advertising and started looking for a brown life-raft.

I think that there are some businesses that are much lower risk, lower insurance, and higher profit margins than construction. I have one in mind that I might start and will let you know hw it goes but I will definitely need employees to run it as I obviously wont have the time. That was another thing that killed alot of business for me back in the day, Obamacare. If I had more than 2 employees, I was forced to pay workmans comp insurance ($7000 a year) and Obamacare health insurance for my employees. It ended up being that I would make more money doing jobs on my own occasionally hiring helpers from Labor Ready than it would be to have staff of my own. So most of the time I took on large jobs by myself and paid helpers $100 a day. Once the ACA is done away with, I can hire people again. Kinda glad it worked out the way it did though cause I have a better business plan now that I got my feet wet.
Cool story bro.