UPS pension part time?

I started at UPS right out of high school. I have over 19 years in part time with my eye on the 25 and out pension , possibly the 30 and out for the extra cash . If I stay 30 years I’ll be retired at 47. It’s the only thing keeping me going

cachmeifucan

Your
I started at UPS right out of high school. I have over 19 years in part time with my eye on the 25 and out pension , possibly the 30 and out for the extra cash . If I stay 30 years I’ll be retired at 47. It’s the only thing keeping me going[/QUOTE your joking I hope. part time pension is nothing

mikejonesjr

I started at UPS right out of high school. I have over 19 years in part time with my eye on the 25 and out pension , possibly the 30 and out for the extra cash . If I stay 30 years I’ll be retired at 47. It’s the only thing keeping me going
The 25 year plan isn't enough without other income. 30 or 35 is pretty good. I always figure if I stuck around for 30 why can't I just do 5 more, the pay rate by then would be nice too

The 25 year plan isn't enough without other income. 30 or 35 is pretty good. I always figure if I stuck around for 30 why can't I just do 5 more, the pay rate by then would be nice too

I have a side hustle or 2 which has given me a lot of freedom to work part time. Double shifts are usually there if I need them. If I can afford it I’m out after 25 years just for my mental sanity. I’m not married, no kids, so the money is actually becoming livable even working just part time. I’ll be making $29.99 an hour with 24 years in at the end of the upcoming contract so we’ll see how it goes. I can at least see the finish line.

brown_trousers

Wow! Your pension plans are very complicated. Seems like a bunch of unneeded complexities.

The rest of UPS should setup their pensions like we have in the west. Way easier to understand , more fair, and it pays more in the end

RealPerson

How can we find out how many years Vested we have as PT???
I have went to upsers, but can't seem to find the link.
I am one that didn't work enough hours for several years (Wish I would of known / cared then)
I do know we get partial credit...

Ptrunner

I just saw above people can retire 25 and out any age and collect the full money is that true. I always thought it was at age 65 or 67 you can begin to collect the pension at 100%. I have 18 years in and only 36 now. And I know I have enough hours always worked preload I always get more then 20 hours a week. Or is it you get a portion if you start collecting early?

PT Car Washer

I just saw above people can retire 25 and out any age and collect the full money is that true. I always thought it was at age 65 or 67 you can begin to collect the pension at 100%. I have 18 years in and only 36 now. And I know I have enough hours always worked preload I always get more then 20 hours a week. Or is it you get a portion if you start collecting early?
In the Central Region Supplement you can receive $1250/mo at any age after 25 years PT service and $1500/mo at age 60. $1800/mo at any age with 30 PT years and $2100/mo after 35 years. Hoping the new contract improves on these benefits. The biggest draw back is the lack of healthcare after retirement.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
New contract
25 any age 1325
25 age 60 1625
30 any age 1950
35 any age 2275

With Teamcare must be 55 for retiree insurance (a few have age 52)
Part time does not include dental or vision coverage for retiree