UPS plans to pay its army of holiday workers more this year

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS plans to pay its army of holiday workers more this year - Al Jazeera

The package delivery giant faces stiff competition for seasonal workers as US unemployment hovers near half-century low.

Package delivery giant United Parcel Service (UPS) on Monday said it expects to hire about 100,000 seasonal workers and pay them more than it did in the past to handle the avalanche of packages shipped in the United States between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, from November 28 through December 25.

That's about the same number of people the Atlanta-based company hired for the 2018 holiday season. UPS is also counting on automation to keep up with ongoing growth in online shopping.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's hard to get seasonal people anymore. Especially with other places more than UPS
Around here its hard to get people to work--- period. The area is full of deadbeat-- live off welfare rats. Just about every business has help wanted signs posted. Unfortunately most all of our high paying manufacturing jobs have disappeared over the years and have been replaced with the typical 10 to 15 bucks an hour crap.

Around here its hard to get people to work--- period. The area is full of deadbeat-- live off welfare rats. Just about every business has help wanted signs posted. Unfortunately most all of our high paying manufacturing jobs have disappeared over the years and have been replaced with the typical 10 to 15 bucks an hour crap.
We can't even get new drivers to stay for $21 an hour.

Waldo

The bonus was all year last year at CACH (not just seasonal). Started at $125/week and went up to $300/week by September. It was mostly because nobody would stay when the pay was only $10.35.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Like part timers get?

rod

Retired 22 years
Like part timers get?
Not really. If you are a full time worker chances are good you are making more than 10-15 bucks an hour at UPS. I don't believe part time jobs were set up to be a MAIN source of income for a worker - that's just the way it is. Add on the benefits part timers get at UPS and that makes it way above what part time help gets in other industries. I'm not saying this is right but that's just the way it is. Don't like it?-organize and vote for your own agenda----or go full time when the chance opens------lots of part timers don't.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Not really. If you are a full time worker chances are good you are making more than 10-15 bucks an hour at UPS. I don't believe part time jobs were set up to be a MAIN source of income for a worker - that's just the way it is. Add on the benefits part timers get at UPS and that makes it way above what part time help gets in other industries. I'm not saying this is right but that's just the way it is. Don't like it?-organize and vote for your own agenda----or go full time when the chance opens------lots of part timers don't.
You missed my point. Not a big deal.