UPS pledges $1 million in emergency funding and in-kind support for the crisis in Ukraine

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS pledges $1 million in emergency funding and in-kind support for the crisis in Ukraine - UPS

As military action continues to unfold in Ukraine, we know many UPSers are watching with great concern – for the region and for our colleagues.
We can confirm all Ukrainian UPSers, including our Coyote, Marken and Roadie colleagues, are safe and are being contacted daily. Our hearts are with them and their families who are living through this upheaval and uncertainty.

“The UPS Foundation is closely monitoring the emerging humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and working with our NGO partners and international affairs experts to provide support to the internally displaced and refugees leaving Ukraine during this time,” said Nikki Clifton, president of social impact and The UPS Foundation.
What we’re doing:
  • For the continued safety of our people, we’ve suspended all services to and from Ukraine.
  • The UPS Foundation is partnering with and providing $1 million in initial emergency funding and in-kind support to the Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the Salvation Army, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the World Food Programme (WFP) – organizations that are on the ground assessing how and where to deploy resources and deliver core relief supplies to Ukraine refugees. The European Union will play a key role in response and will be a primary destination for refugees, which is where we are focusing our humanitarian relief efforts.
  • UPS and The UPS Foundation – coordinating through our community relations and human resources teams in Europe – are providing support to our Ukrainian employees and their families, as well as assisting with broader refugee response efforts.
How UPSers can support Ukraine:

UPS is not transporting any items from the U.S. to Ukraine because in our long history of engaging in these situations, we’ve learned that collection drive items rarely reach the intended recipients. Instead, we are supporting the leading organizations delivering needs-based items on the ground in and around Ukraine. Employees who want to join in those efforts can make donations through any of our partners listed here (CARE, IFRC, Salvation Army, UNICEF, UNHCR and WFP).

UPSers can also send a message of support to responders on the ground.

As governments work to end this military situation, we will do all we can to ensure the safety of our people and to work closely with our partners to provide humanitarian support in all ways possible.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Great now we are funneling money to a corrupt country.. wonder who on the board is going to financially benefit from this?

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
MSM, Hollywood, Big tech, Soros, Biden and many others are for Ukraine and these same people have been on the wrong side of everything else that I stand for so I will have to pass on thinking this is a good government.
How’s that money UPS pledged to BLM going?

MSM, Hollywood, Big tech, Soros, Biden and many others are for Ukraine and these same people have been on the wrong side of everything else that I stand for so I will have to pass on thinking this is a good government.
Believe me they’re no good. Yeah we know what Putin is. But Ukraine is a haven for money laundering and child sex rings and other deep state corruption. And it’s just come out we have bio labs there

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
UPS pledges $1 million in emergency funding and in-kind support for the crisis in Ukraine - UPS

As military action continues to unfold in Ukraine, we know many UPSers are watching with great concern – for the region and for our colleagues.
We can confirm all Ukrainian UPSers, including our Coyote, Marken and Roadie colleagues, are safe and are being contacted daily. Our hearts are with them and their families who are living through this upheaval and uncertainty.

“The UPS Foundation is closely monitoring the emerging humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and working with our NGO partners and international affairs experts to provide support to the internally displaced and refugees leaving Ukraine during this time,” said Nikki Clifton, president of social impact and The UPS Foundation.
What we’re doing:
  • For the continued safety of our people, we’ve suspended all services to and from Ukraine.
  • The UPS Foundation is partnering with and providing $1 million in initial emergency funding and in-kind support to the Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the Salvation Army, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the World Food Programme (WFP) – organizations that are on the ground assessing how and where to deploy resources and deliver core relief supplies to Ukraine refugees. The European Union will play a key role in response and will be a primary destination for refugees, which is where we are focusing our humanitarian relief efforts.
  • UPS and The UPS Foundation – coordinating through our community relations and human resources teams in Europe – are providing support to our Ukrainian employees and their families, as well as assisting with broader refugee response efforts.
How UPSers can support Ukraine:

UPS is not transporting any items from the U.S. to Ukraine because in our long history of engaging in these situations, we’ve learned that collection drive items rarely reach the intended recipients. Instead, we are supporting the leading organizations delivering needs-based items on the ground in and around Ukraine. Employees who want to join in those efforts can make donations through any of our partners listed here (CARE, IFRC, Salvation Army, UNICEF, UNHCR and WFP).

UPSers can also send a message of support to responders on the ground.

As governments work to end this military situation, we will do all we can to ensure the safety of our people and to work closely with our partners to provide humanitarian support in all ways possible.
A lot of money, simply to make good press.

Not really seeing your point. When are least BLM member are probably born here and I'm going to guess again that they may have held a job down or two and paid into the system. Help build something so in return they do deserve something. Wow race will always be an added factor into a conversation. Hell regardless of race color or creed we all should feel some kind of way that our hard earned money floats up out of here when it so many homeless people veterans you name it here. How can we help someone else when looking at the homeless unemployment and proverty rate here in the US we can't even help ourselves. Wow really what a wonderful world

worldwide

When did that happen? Any links to that?

I do see that UPS has been on the receiving end of attacks from BLM for NOT supporting them or their agenda (e.g. boycott), along with the Teamsters in NYC going after UPS for not supporting BLM.