UPS pledges millions to support justice and reform to advance equality

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS pledges millions to support justice and reform to advance equality - Atlanta Business Chronicle

United Parcel Service Inc. is stepping up its actions in support of justice, reform and equality for black Americans in response to the killings of Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and others.

UPS said June 8 it urges immediate passage of the federal Antilynching Act and state-based hate crime bills, including Georgia’s. UPS is among numerous major Georgia corporations urging the state to pass a state hate crimes bill.

The Atlanta-based package delivery giant also said it will provide $3.2 million through The UPS Foundation to organizations including the NAACP, National Urban League, The Executive Leadership Council, 100 Black Men of America, The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights’ Education Fund, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, United Negro College Fund, Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Spelman College, The National Center for Civil and Human Rights, and the National Black Child Development Institute.

Nah
Yes because lynching is occurring so often? Pandering is for the weak.

I believe it's already illegal in every state, and murder most definitely is.

Meanwhile, while the company dumps millions of dollars into a black hole, management is complaining about sups working and 9.5 grievances. Go figure.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I believe it's already illegal in every state, and murder most definitely is.

Meanwhile, while the company dumps millions of dollars into a black hole, management is complaining about sups working and 9.5 grievances. Go figure.
Public facade must be maintained at all costs.