UPS Profit Margins Under Pressure

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS Profit Margins Under Pressure - FX Empire

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) reports Q1 2022 results in Tuesday’s pre-market session, with analysts looking for a profit of $2.88 per-share on $23.8 billion in revenue. If met, earnings-per-share (EPS) will mark a modest improvement compared to the $2.77 booked in the same quarter last year. Rival FedEx Corp. (FDX) fell 4.0% in March after missing fiscal Q3 earnings estimates and reaffirming guidance, generating a cautious tone ahead of the news.

Freight and Fuel Pressuring Margins​

The stock fell ten sessions in a row at the start of April, signaling a major shareholder exodus, ahead of this week’s closely-watched confessional. A Bank of America downgrade after the seventh day added insult to injury, dumping price to the lowest low since October. Slumping freight prices explain most of the downside, with additional capacity putting pressure on profit margins, further aggravated by fuel costs hitting their highest highs in more than a decade.

worldwide

UPS Profit Margins Under Pressure - FX Empire

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) reports Q1 2022 results in Tuesday’s pre-market session, with analysts looking for a profit of $2.88 per-share on $23.8 billion in revenue. If met, earnings-per-share (EPS) will mark a modest improvement compared to the $2.77 booked in the same quarter last year. Rival FedEx Corp. (FDX) fell 4.0% in March after missing fiscal Q3 earnings estimates and reaffirming guidance, generating a cautious tone ahead of the news.
Diluted earnings per share were $3.03 for the quarter; adjusted diluted earnings per share of $3.05 were 10.1% above the same period in 2021.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Best contract ever, ask anyone!
I honestly don't know. I'm in Management in the Airline and just see what the Pilot's get. They have the best Contract and conditions in the industry...There may be an aspect or two that are better at FDX or Cargolux or somewhere, but I know that they are very well taken care of. For the Ground side, it appears that there are many better aspects compared to FDX Ground or YRC when it comes to driving/handling/etc....The Airline Mechanics still don't pay a penny for their health care and top out at $75.00/hour. You can't argue that is not REALLY good money/benefits, etc.