UPS reimagines approach to holidays, aims to hire over 100,000 essential seasonal workers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS reimagines approach to holidays, aims to hire over 100,000 essential seasonal workers - UPS

Logistics leader offers ‘30 minutes or less’ from application to hire for qualified candidates

UPS announced today that it expects to hire more than 100,000 essential seasonal employees to support the anticipated annual increase in package volume that will begin in October 2021 and continue through January 2022.

“We’re preparing for another safe, record peak holiday season. With COVID-19 continuing to impact Americans, our services are more important than ever,” said Nando Cesarone, President, U.S. Operations. “We plan to hire more than 100,000 people for seasonal jobs, many of whom will have an offer in hand within 30 minutes of applying. Our seasonal hires will help us provide the most reliable service in the industry, just like we did last year.”

The company is filling full- and part-time seasonal positions – primarily package handlers, drivers, driver helpers and personal vehicle drivers – by offering competitive wages across multiple shifts in hundreds of locations across the country.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS reimagines approach to holidays, aims to hire over 100,000 essential seasonal workers - UPS

Logistics leader offers ‘30 minutes or less’ from application to hire for qualified candidates

UPS announced today that it expects to hire more than 100,000 essential seasonal employees to support the anticipated annual increase in package volume that will begin in October 2021 and continue through January 2022.

“We’re preparing for another safe, record peak holiday season. With COVID-19 continuing to impact Americans, our services are more important than ever,” said Nando Cesarone, President, U.S. Operations. “We plan to hire more than 100,000 people for seasonal jobs, many of whom will have an offer in hand within 30 minutes of applying. Our seasonal hires will help us provide the most reliable service in the industry, just like we did last year.”

The company is filling full- and part-time seasonal positions – primarily package handlers, drivers, driver helpers and personal vehicle drivers – by offering competitive wages across multiple shifts in hundreds of locations across the country.
The seasonal drivers aren’t bad enough, we need to streamline the hiring process so we can hire them faster! Yeah, that’ll work. So glad I won’t be here to see that clown show!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Didn't need helpers last peak so it can be done. Throttle back shippers if necessary. Why allow them to overwhelm the system?

UnionStrong

Lets play high-low Of the 100,000 hired, i say 80,000 quit within 2 weeks.
Is your # higher or lower?
We had a casual one peak that absolutely burned up his route, ran like the wind! The center manager loved him! The guys last name was Donat. The manager kept saying send me a dozen Donats! Everything seemed great, until all the traces started coming in after peak! The idiot was not only leaving packages in unsafe areas he mis-delivered a ton too. I know cause I had to follow up on some. Dozen donuts my rear end!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do you tell a company not to make money? Many companies rely on Christmas to make their entire year,
Sucks to be then. You cannot blow us out. Ship early. Customers are irresponsible if the promise last minute delivery.

The USPS allowed themselves to get overwhelmed and it was a disaster!

UnionStrong

Sucks to be then. You cannot blow us out. Ship early. Customers are irresponsible if the promise last minute delivery.

The USPS allowed themselves to get overwhelmed and it was a disaster!
People don’t all place orders at the same time either. And they can and will blow us out. Hire more people and get more damn trucks, it’s not like they don’t need them.

Karma...

the government money is ending as well as unemployment its time for people to get back to work as with fix, amazon, and ups.....I see much positive coming ......