UPS ring

Dlecuyer

My husband is getting ready to retire from UPS after working nights for 33 years. I am trying to find him a ring that used to be listed on the employee gift catalog (it was a points based catalog, not pay catalog). It said UPS and I think it had a diamond on it. The ring was darker colored and designed more like a class ring than a wedding band. We have a local jeweler that can re-create it but I can't find a picture. I`ve checked eBay, Google etc but with no luck.

Any pictures or copies of the catalog would be appreciated

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My husband is getting ready to retire from UPS after working nights for 33 years. I am trying to find him a ring that used to be listed on the employee gift catalog (it was a points based catalog, not pay catalog). It said UPS and I think it had a diamond on it. The ring was darker colored and designed more like a class ring than a wedding band. We have a local jeweler that can re-create it but I can't find a picture. I`ve checked eBay, Google etc but with no luck.

IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG

Maybe you spelled google wrong, but I found these on google.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Why are you letting him quit? You want him around the house all day? I don't think so. Besides, you want the cash, make him keep working!

brownelf

You may want to wait on that ring, most areas will give you the opportunity to pick a parting gift from a catalog that includes rings and other items after he retires.

oldupsman

Congrats on the 33 years.

Much like the Century 21 Circle of Honor jackets, when would he ever wear the ring?

Mine's in the back of the cedar closet. Along with my Circle of Honor bomber jacket. Along with all
my other UPS stuff. Toys, pins etc. I keep thinking maybe my great great grand niece will
go on Antique Roadshow 150 years from now and the collection will be worth $250,000.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

But him a watch instead

DorkHead

Honestly, why would you want to have him wear a ring that would remind him of 33 years of missing some of the most important things in both of your lives? Take him on a memorable vacation.

Box Ox

Honestly, why would you want to have him wear a ring that would remind him of 33 years of missing some of the most important things in both of your lives? Take him on a memorable vacation.

Agree. Any 33 year UPSer whose wife thinks he wants to be reminded of it afterward must be a pretty good husband. Didn't bring the job home, was a good family man, etc.

So yeah. Do something together that doesn't involve anything UPS. He done and that's awesome!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No way in hell would I EVER wear a ring that had ups logo on it.....I will have nothing that reminds me of ups when I retire ...
I'm not going to be like these sups who wear their united way polo on a weekend....or monkeyass who still sports the "I was there" tshirt he received after the 97' strike, a little thank you for "keeping the company going"...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Buy him a nice designer watch.... Rolex or omega or something like that....who wants to be reminded of all of the horrors and slavery he went through in those 33 years...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol! Once I'm retired, I want nothing UPS around. Hell, I've already purged the color brown from my personal wardrobe. The only thing I'll keep is a hat with the old logo on it I had gotten from now passed driver who was my friend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recently purchased UPS logo polo shirts for myself and for my son. They are from Land's End, they are black with the logo on the upper right and were only $15 each. He gave me a polo shirt from his company so I returned the favor. The quality is similar to St. John's Bay polos.