Ups Rips People Off

drewed

Shankman
Im not one to argue with the mods reasoning....but it really is annoying to have threads that have spent extended periods of time in one forum and moved to another.....whats next? the cruise discussions probably deserve to be in the life after brown forum more so then the UPS discussion forum....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Im not one to argue with the mods reasoning....but it really is annoying to have threads that have spent extended periods of time in one forum and moved to another.....whats next? the cruise discussions probably deserve to be in the life after brown forum more so then the UPS discussion forum....
I'm the culprit...it was in FedEx Discussions which was the wrong forum. Older people (such as me) might read 02-28-2008 as 02-28-2009 (which I did).
I apologize but I was being pressured by 705red to move a thread.

Leftinbuilding

Looks to me like his rant tanked the whole worlds economy. See the power of one? Compare our stock prices to a year ago. Yep, ol Tazman put it to us.

UPSNewbie

I'm the culprit...it was in FedEx Discussions which was the wrong forum. Older people (such as me) might read 02-28-2008 as 02-28-2009 (which I did).
I apologize but I was being pressured by 705red to move a thread.

I'm going to grieve this.

Just kidding, Red! :funny:

I GOT ONE MORE

HEY YA ALL

That long winded post, bad with the good, and all........ is fairly accurate, from my perspective.

I am and have been a UPS driver since the early 90's....... and have also Ebayed a great deal.

I could get very specific, but I will not....... suffice it to say, I have had Ebay transactions to Canada where the UPS customs charge knocked me back to USPS.

While the time in transit, tracking, and my alliance....... steered me to UPS in domestic cases, it was the substantial price surcharges, particularly the customs charge, that brought me back to USPS.

In many cases, it doubled the shipping costs, and it genuinely pains me to say that.

Bottom line, compare competition.

bluehdmc

HEY YA ALL

That long winded post, bad with the good, and all........ is fairly accurate, from my perspective.

I am and have been a UPS driver since the early 90's....... and have also Ebayed a great deal.

I could get very specific, but I will not....... suffice it to say, I have had Ebay transactions to Canada where the UPS customs charge knocked me back to USPS.

While the time in transit, tracking, and my alliance....... steered me to UPS in domestic cases, it was the substantial price surcharges, particularly the customs charge, that brought me back to USPS.

In many cases, it doubled the shipping costs, and it genuinely pains me to say that.

Bottom line, compare competition.

I've also sold quite a few things on ebay and have had canadians complain about these costs. Apparently the postal service does not charge this, or as much. I don't ship to canada, that was my way of solving the problem.

Part of the reason is I've had people complain about charging a little extra for packaging. Ebay allows you to do this and when using UPS this extra charge doesn't show up. If you use the PO the mailing cost is on the stamp, then you get somebody complaining you charged them $3.00 more.
(tape, etc. isn't free but some cheapskates think you should do that for free). Plus I can drop off a package on my way to work w/o going out of my way to the post office.

To eliminate any problems I just don't sell outside the US. I wasn't aware that if you used expedited shipping the fee was waived.
Then again these people that complain about a little extra for tape would probably complain about the $3 fee.

old levi's

blank space
I have a big beef with UPS, first they think they deserve, a fee for clear a package through customs and they do not, as customs does not charge them nor are they out any money as they must clear the package though customs regardless, how do I know this well once I refused to pay the silly fee for the clearing of the package as I am never informed by anyone that there is going to be a fee for clearing customs, so if I never agree to such a fee why pay ? so I refused it, the driver informed me if I choose I cna go down to customs after he returns the package ot the depot and clear it myself, ok does anyone see how stupid this is, the driver is going to waste gas returning it to the depot after coming to my door, then return it to depot, I go down and in five minutes I have me package free of the extortion fee that UPS was going to charge me of 50.00 or in some cases more, all for a little trip of 5 minutes. Now for the real interesting part, when I order stuff from the US to Canada none of the merchants know of this hidden fee for clearing customs, the Government customs agents laugh as they know there is no charge to clear a package through customs and they them selves admit UPS is ripping off the consumer. UPS does not inform the merchant of the charge to the customer, and if neither the merchant or the customer is informed it is an illegal charge according to Canadian Fair Practice law and Corporate Buisness law you cannot impose a charge after closing a deal, and in the case where I order from a merchant either by phone or internet, and the shipping cost given to me of 30.00 to ship to my door, then UPS without letting me know in advance to me paying the merhcant for shipping cannot incur a charge to me after the fact. I am going to take this to court, since I have had many shippments where a merchant neither new if there was any such charge nor could they tell me, and if they do not know then why should I be the one pay a charge that is not clearly laid out nor agreed upon. I intend to let everyone know of the extortion going on by UPS and will in the future take UPS to court to further have thier buisness practices revoked, as this is clearly a issues of unfair buisness practices. UPS is insane that anyone who knows thier rights would let them clear a package that I can do myself for free, and UPS should not charge for a service they are not providing, as I paid 30.00 bucks to get the package to my door and the 30.00 was the only charge I agreed to and was informed of then after UPS comes up with an additional charge to clear this package, if there is to be more charges they should let the merchant know this to tell his customers, and I am betting the customers would not pay it and make the merchant lower thier prices for doing buisness with UPS, I know I am, as merchants can ship UPSP, United States Postal Service and then you do not get charges extra for clearing customs. and in fact it is not any slower than UPS as UPS is the slowest morons that GOD gave 2 feet to, it takes a week for them to get a package from florida to Canada, I mean I could and I say this safely walk the darn package faster, and they are using trucks, through snail mail it takes 4 days, much faster and the drivers don't get the chance to throw the package into my back yard, yes that is right I said throw it, as if you are not home or do not get to the door on time and there is nothing owning on the package it gets turfed at the drivers discretion, yes the driver instead of getting a signature can throw the package anywhere he likes and I have had them pitched into my back yard, buried in a wood pile under my deck, hidden in the snow, and no notes left stating they were ever there to deliver or where they left the package, so everyone never let UPS deliver a package to you , please stop using UPS lets put them out of buisness, I am submitting this to other forums all over the world, I intend to damage thier buisness with all means possible, I am informing the Canadian Government of the unfiar buisness practices as well.....

ok :whiteflag:

disneyworld

How can one person waste their valuable time writing about topics they have no business talking about? Get your facts in order before you start spouting out the mouth. Most companies charge a fee and UPS only recently started charging this fee(2-3 years now). FedEx, DHL and many more carriers charged this fee prior to UPS. You sure talk alot, but don't say anything. Go get an education and maybe you will be able to come out of the hole you are living in!:peaceful:
He has diarrhea of the mouth

upsgrunt

Dude,
The bus leaves in 5 minutes. Be under it.
Seriously, don't you have something to do besides stir up crap on here?
You remind me of a punk on a playground that just wants to fight.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let this be a lesson.Never use UPS for Int packages.They are not up to speed yet.Only use Fedex.

FedEx does the same thing ... in fact FedEx was taken to court for this and won.

This is one of those laws where FedEx is subject to the same laws as UPS.
I guess FedEx could not buy a special exemption on this one ... too bad FredEx.

UPSGUY72

WHAT A IDIOT. I read the first couple of lines then it came to me just another cheap bastard bitching about having to pay for a service.

Someone from UPS has to be there that is what your paying for a service your paclage doesn't magical get through customs by itself.

UPSGUY72

Let this be a lesson.Never use UPS for Int packages.They are not up to speed yet.Only use Fedex.

Hey FedEX 4 Life If I were you instead of hanging around Browncafe I'd be looking for another job because once congress makes FedEx play by the same rules that UPS does there are going to be alot FedEx people out of work.

M

Mike23

As I've said in multiple posts. EVERY company rips off with their brokerage because the general public doesn't know their rights in these issues. I have a REAL good story to do with fedex about this.

My best friend ordered some beads from the US. Fedex comes to the door looking for the cash. Something like $10. Anyway, she informed the Fedex guy that she's a customs broker and could have cleared the package herself. She then tells the guy that ontop of that beads are duty free and should not be charged a brokerage. She then rejected the parcel, cleared it herself, picked it up at their depot. They then continued to harass her with wanting 'their' money. Of course she just ignored them and told them to go away...oh and that the color purple was the international color of gay.

So, the whole point of all of this? Get yourself a friend who knows the rules of things crossing borders, kiss their butts and give them a coffee for helping you out. Problem solved.

As for UPS drivers, get a good friend who knows the rules, have them open their own brokerage firm, tell them every person they refer that needs to pay you get 10%. Then we get rid of these pain in the arse CODs AND make a profit! WOOT!