Ups security guards

Damangp

Its starting to get annoying on how the guards are wanted to check everyone that comes out of ups. Shake my belt, lift my pants leg, under my boots and stomp the floor i mean really? Anyone know if they legally do searches like this? I even heard there was a point they was telling people to take off their boots. Its going to come to a point they want to do a full cavity search >.>

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whats really annoying is that they want to do the same thing to me, and I am a driver. Seriously...if I wanted to steal a package, it would be in a DR bag behind a bush up on a back mountain road. I sure as hell wouldnt bring the damn thing back to the building and then try to walk it thru a guard shack.

Nimnim

The Nim
Ah, I remember when they started asking people to take shoes off at my hub. They only asked me once, I proceeded to tell them if they're going to do this, they better do it right, and then they stopped me before my shirt was fully off.

CustomerConcern

Security guards? Guess I am just in a lil ole po dunk center, closest we got is the AM sup opens the gate and the mechanic at night closes the gate.

iowa boy

You should feel special, you at least have a gate and maybe a fence. We have an open parking lot. Security guards? We have.........pigeons......and the occasional homeless person who wanders by.

jimstud

Banned
what i don't like is when the stick their hands in my lunch box and handle my food and drinks. i have no idea where their hands have been.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
My center is small. I once walked into the building through the mechanics bay at 10pm to get start time for preload (reload was long gone) and neither of the mechanics were anywhere to be found. Walked to the time clock looked, wrote a note to the pre-load sup, left it on his desk, took a a piss, went to my locker, and left. They never even knew I was there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Security guards? Guess I am just in a lil ole po dunk center, closest we got is the AM sup opens the gate and the mechanic at night closes the gate.
No Fence, No Guards, One Mechanic, 2 Belts and plenty of homeless all around our center.

what i don't like is when the stick their hands in my lunch box and handle my food and drinks. i have no idea where their hands have been.
They would not be doing that to my food.

Tell them exactly what you just posted. You have that right. I had a LP person helping out at the gate think he was going to reach into the lunch box I was holding open for him to look into. I snapped the lids closed narrowly missing his fingers and told him that if there was anything he`d like to see then let me know and I`ll take it out and show it to him but he was not putting his hand inside and touching anything.

For the most part we have a good security group and they are polite in asking us what they want.

jimstud

Banned
becareful guys this thread is supposed to be about security the great red god is going to take all this talk about sat airs and make his own thread . i think the brown cafe should rethink how and who they make moderators especially who .

jimstud

Banned
the problem with sat airs is that most of the drivers are part timers who have not had the same kind of training as the full time drivers had. why ups entrusts packages with such high priority iwith its least trained drivers is beyond me. oh thats right it is cheaper.

tracker2762

Our guards in the evening don't check anything. I go to open my lunch box for inspection and they don't even look. when I pass through the metal detector and the alarm goes off (steel tips shoes) its have a goodnight.

Big Babooba

As for security guards - what are those? We don't have any. People are allowed to walk in off the street and throw packages up on the belt and walk out. Do you think that should be allowed? Nobody questions them. I used to, but was informed by a supervisor that it was none of my concern.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
As for security guards - what are those? We don't have any. People are allowed to walk in off the street and throw packages up on the belt and walk out. Do you think that should be allowed? Nobody questions them. I used to, but was informed by a supervisor that it was none of my concern.

Sounds just like our building ....

22.34life

the theft at my building is off the charts so the guard shack has become a hot issue.they have cameras in the shack and outside both doors now,the were making poeple remove their shoes for a while but the union put a stop to that.i dont understand all the checking when you go in the building, looking in my lunch box, looking in my thermos which is obviously full of gaterade,kinda crazy.look i try not to give the guards a hard time because they are just doing their job,i cant stand the people that make a big sceen about the same routine everday.whats funny is that the guards are in on the theft,some guard making minimum wage is easily bought off by somebody.the bottom line is if ups wants to really stop theft they are going to have to put ups loss prevention people at the shack and do away with the contracted guards.the only time a guard really pissed me off was one time i was leaving and this guy looked for my security pass on my phone and their it was stuck right on back,then the guy opens my phone and starts looking at it.i told him hey man you mind not opening my phone i mean what if i had a naked picture of my wife on their or something.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We had some top notch security installed recently at our building. First they put number code locks on all the walk in doors. Every employee has to punch in a four digit code to unlock the door, which is right next to 20 overhead doors standing wide open!!! Next they installed cameras aimed at all the employee entrances. Not real sure what that will acomplish but they get to watch every employee come in and out of the building I guess! There is a fence all the way around the perimiter, with 2 drive thru gate that are always open. One in the front right off a busy street, the other in the back, which I have never seen closed. Also have two walk thru gates that are always open. So in effect they stopped the employees from walking in freely!!! Anyone else can do as they please!!!!