UPS socks

BrownArmy

I have Psoriasis, so for my first two years at UPS I didn't wear shorts or short sleeve shirts...

Thanks to my awesome UPS healthcare plan, I've been able to get a great doc, get appropriate therapy, and get 'clear' enough to wear shorts, short sleeved shirts, etc.

I was HAPPY to pay the cost of shipping for the UPS socks.

YMMV.

Johney

I think it's Bullschitt that you live in such a nice warm climate a d I'm about to frezzzzze my ass of soon.
You can move here:wink2:. I think it was 75 for a high yesterday. To tell you the truth I don't even know where my "1" pair of long pants are:laughing2:. They do give our helpers long pants though?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone looking to order new UPS socks should know that Cintas is currently out of stock but that Twin Hill has plenty on hand. Ordered a 6 pack of crew blend for $26 ($37 w/shipping and tax).

oldngray

nowhere special
I remember that originally UPS socks had the yellow stripes on top. People were outraged at the cost so a feeder driver's father had a textile company and made counterfeit UPS socks for a fraction of the price. UPS didn't like that so added the UPS logo so they couldn't be copied.

crystal_ball

I remember that originally UPS socks had the yellow stripes on top. People were outraged at the cost so a feeder driver's father had a textile company and made counterfeit UPS socks for a fraction of the price. UPS didn't like that so added the UPS logo so they couldn't be copied.

Socks dont have to have the logo on them. As long as they are brown. Any contact info for this textile company would be apprieciated. I ordered some back in the 90s from a company in North Carolina, but they have since shut down.

oldngray

nowhere special
Socks dont have to have the logo on them. As long as they are brown. Any contact info for this textile company would be apprieciated. I ordered some back in the 90s from a company in North Carolina, but they have since shut down.

The one I knew (a guy in Kentucky) quit making them and I don't know if anyone else makes them now.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Anyone looking to order new UPS socks should know that Cintas is currently out of stock but that Twin Hill has plenty on hand. Ordered a 6 pack of crew blend for $26 ($37 w/shipping and tax).

I'm leaving this spring. PM me and I'll send you mine.

(Anybody, this wasn't directed at Dave.:happy-very:)

(Oh yeah, I still have 5 or 6 of the knit polos we used to be able to buy.)

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've contended many times after they "force" me to wear the logo socks that if it is part of the uniform that we HAVE to wear then it should be provided to us free of charge, just like the shorts, pants and shirts. I have actually had my job threatened if I did not comply and wear the logo socks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've contended many times after they "force" me to wear the logo socks that if it is part of the uniform that we HAVE to wear then it should be provided to us free of charge, just like the shorts, pants and shirts. I have actually had my job threatened if I did not comply and wear the logo socks.

I understand and agree. Their line though is they don't FORCE u to wear shorts. People did our job for years in pants. However the pace of our job then was much different than it is now.

upsgrunt

I understand and agree. Their line though is they don't FORCE u to wear shorts. People did our job for years in pants. However the pace of our job then was much different than it is now.

I don't know if I agree with that; I just think we sweated more back then because we had to wear more fabric.

texan

i have never worn the shorts and never will
:happy-very:
Guess you are being "bull-headed" about it.
w20ok20city0620buffalo20ups20shorts_zpsd12c521c.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know if I agree with that; I just think we sweated more back then because we had to wear more fabric.

There is no doubt that the pace of our job has quickened considerably.