UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

reggi

If you have decided to take the lump sum payment, be sure to check the website to make sure your documents show "complete".
I sent docs in October 7, called three times to confirm receipt and I was told they had been received and uploaded. Just happened to visit website November 21, only to see spousal waiver form said "incomplete".
Called first thing Monday only to be told, the Notary failed to put my spouse's name in at the bottom of the form. Asked them why wasn't I called, rep said they don't have to. It is employee's responsibility to make sure docs are correct. Asked how come when I called no one said anything,rep said error was overlooked. Had to overnight corrected doc to ensure you receive lump sum payment. If I had NOT went on website, never would have known doc was not complete and then I would not have received my lump sum and would have been wondering why.

beetle16

If you have decided to take the lump sum payment, be sure to check the website to make sure your documents show "complete".
I sent docs in October 7, called three times to confirm receipt and I was told they had been received and uploaded. Just happened to visit website November 21, only to see spousal waiver form said "incomplete".
Called first thing Monday only to be told, the Notary failed to put my spouse's name in at the bottom of the form. Asked them why wasn't I called, rep said they don't have to. It is employee's responsibility to make sure docs are correct. Asked how come when I called no one said anything,rep said error was overlooked. Had to overnight corrected doc to ensure you receive lump sum payment. If I had NOT went on website, never would have known doc was not complete and then I would not have received my lump sum and would have been wondering why.
Reggi, I've have the same problem. I sent my paperwork in & followed up only to be told I was missing spouses signature. I resubmitted it again-correctly and overnighted and this was 3 weeks ago, just checked website it's showing incomplete waiting on my paperwork!!! So frustrating. Had I not seen your message I would never have checked. Thank you for posting. First thing Monday I'll be calling again.

dqs95124

I'm in CA. Full time driver 16yrs . Part time 2yrs. Does this apply to me since we switched to the central state plan. Part time seniority date is 1/3/99. Also it's sort of off topic. But it used to be PEER/80. I was looking at the book it's saying PEER/84. Did it change?

I'm in CA. Full time driver 16yrs . Part time 2yrs. Does this apply to me since we switched to the central state plan. Part time seniority date is 1/3/99. Also it's sort of off topic. But it used to be PEER/80. I was looking at the book it's saying PEER/84. Did it change?
What are you talking about? Why would part of ca move to central states?

Karen Webb

I just went & checked my status. Said incomplete package but didn't say for what reason. Found this post so I checked my docs & saw the notary (from my bank) failed to put my husbands name as well. I didn't even look at that section because it was theirs to fill out. Omgosh!!! I'm hoping that when I call tomorrow that this can be taken care of & im not told that I'm no longer eligible. Crossing fingers & praying.

By The Book

I guess the lesson here is to verify all documents are correct before you leave the notary, who is standing in front of you. Take responsibility and understand what needs a signature and where.

beetle16

I just went & checked my status. Said incomplete package but didn't say for what reason. Found this post so I checked my docs & saw the notary (from my bank) failed to put my husbands name as well. I didn't even look at that section because it was theirs to fill out. Omgosh!!! I'm hoping that when I call tomorrow that this can be taken care of & im not told that I'm no longer eligible. Crossing fingers & praying.
I know it's crazy!!! What bothers me, they don't notify you if your paperwork is incomplete. I overnighted my updated paperwork only to be told later that it only gets picked up once a day. I even called after I saw my mail was received. Here I am a month later and my status is showing waiting on mail! When I called the first time I was told as long as you submitted no later than 12 November it would be ok.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know it's crazy!!! What bothers me, they don't notify you if your paperwork is incomplete. I overnighted my updated paperwork only to be told later that it only gets picked up once a day. I even called after I saw my mail was received. Here I am a month later and my status is showing waiting on mail! When I called the first time I was told as long as you submitted no later than 12 November it would be ok.

As long as your original submission was received prior to the 12 Nov deadline you can submit any corrected paper work and you should still be fine.

Keep in mind that there are about 25K applications being processed by about 25 people.