Ups stock plan.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You are correct sir but I did not have 100 k invested in ups in 2009 it was a slow and gradual process. Ups is not the best and certainly not the worst Investment. Put money in ownership of company stock is better than just working for a living.
I invested in enron

rod

Retired 22 years
The lowest price I paid for UPS stock in the plan was 41.22 on 3/10/2009. Anyone beat that? Put in $ 113007 worth $ 407442 today with the drip can't beat em join um.
I think it was like 26 bucks a share when we were first allowed to buy it---then it split. I had 2,000 shares once.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Ups is not the best and certainly not the worst Investment.
yea, ok, but it's below average. it didn't beat the market. half the companies in the index did better than average and half did worse. UPS was in the latter. it's true that during the pandemic the stock doubled. but it's also true that for nearly a decade prior to that the stock traded flat. is it likely to double again in ~15 months? probably not. the other thing is that the doubling not only coincides with the pandemic but also with carol and the new contract that brings in 22.4s and saturday delivery and weekday layoffs. if you're betting on another doubling you should also be anticipating the union rolling over for whatever else carol can dream up. but if you're expecting pushback from the union or even a potential strike then you ought to plan for a dip in stock performance. I'd say it's quite foolish to plan for those to be unrelated.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
yea, ok, but it's below average. it didn't beat the market. half the companies in the index did better than average and half did worse. UPS was in the latter. it's true that during the pandemic the stock doubled. but it's also true that for nearly a decade prior to that the stock traded flat. is it likely to double again in ~15 months? probably not. the other thing is that the doubling not only coincides with the pandemic but also with carol and the new contract that brings in 22.4s and saturday delivery and weekday layoffs. if you're betting on another doubling you should also be anticipating the union rolling over for whatever else carol can dream up. but if you're expecting pushback from the union or even a potential strike then you ought to plan for a dip in stock performance. I'd say it's quite foolish to plan for those to be unrelated.
It might double, depends if covid comes back

Trucker Clock

I think it was like 26 bucks a share when we were first allowed to buy it---then it split. I had 2,000 shares once.

In 1996, the Thrift Plan was disbanded. We had to convert it to UPS and OPL stock. Employees were then allowed to purchase the stock. It was $26.25 per share. In 1999, when they went public, it split 2 for 1 and opened at $51 per share.

rod

Retired 22 years
In 1996, the Thrift Plan was disbanded. We had to convert it to UPS and OPL stock. Employees were then allowed to purchase the stock. It was $26.25 per share. In 1999, when they went public, it split 2 for 1 and opened at $51 per share.
That sounds about right. MANY center managers retired as millionaires after the stock split.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It was around $25 a share in 1999.
I had 3600 shares on November 10, 1999.
On November 11, I had 7200 shares somewhere around $60 a share.
401K's can kiss it.
I was s:censored2:tin in high cotton from then on out. Talk about being bullet proof for the next 10 years until I got my 30 in. How sweet it was. (And is)

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That sounds about right. MANY center managers retired as millionaires after the stock split.

I overheard a manager bragging on the phone just after it went public.. he didn’t say he just became millionaire it was a multi millionaire. 🤓

Karma...

There are many teamsters who have over 2 million dollars in ups stock ...much by converting their thrift plan into stock.....its not all doom and gloom.......besides one doest get rich by not investing.