Ups stock plan.

rod

Retired 22 years
There are many teamsters who have over 2 million dollars in ups stock ...much by converting their thrift plan into stock.....its not all doom and gloom.......besides one doest get rich by not investing.
I don't doubt that there may be a "few" Teamsters who have over $2,000,000 worth of UPS stock but "MANY" --no way. I don't regret selling my 2,000 shares. I bought it for $26 and sold it for a little over $80 just after it had fallen to like $45 a share.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I overheard a manager bragging on the phone just after it went public.. he didn’t say he just became millionaire it was a multi millionaire. 🤓
Our DM was not seen or heard from until the new year in 2000.
He went ahead and worked a couple more years to get to 55.

Last edited:

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
In 1996, the Thrift Plan was disbanded. We had to convert it to UPS and OPL stock. Employees were then allowed to purchase the stock. It was $26.25 per share. In 1999, when they went public, it split 2 for 1 and opened at $51 per share.
OPL went straight to zero, UPS got into trouble with the government and shut down OPL, it was a subsidiary of UPS to insure packages. You could only buy UPS stock in blocks of 4 and it came with 1 share of OPL. OPL was a huge moneymaker until it was shut down and became worthless.

rod

Retired 22 years
OPL went straight to zero, UPS got into trouble with the government and shut down OPL, it was a subsidiary of UPS to insure packages. You could only buy UPS stock in blocks of 4 and it came with 1 share of OPL. OPL was a huge moneymaker until it was shut down and became worthless.
We had a driver who bought nothing but OPL stock-----------------lost his ass.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I believe the THRIFT money rolled over @ $18.00 per share. I had about $5500.00 that rolled over.
I got my UPS stock at $25 a share when the Thrift Plan ended. My Thrift Plan money was turned into UPS A stock and the rest went into mutual funds. I'm looking at buying some Google or Amazon stock now, they are going to split 20:1 in a few months.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I don't give a toss about the investment aspect of the employee stock program, I just buy in so I can vote Carol out.

You must be expecting to hit the state lottery soon... ain’t nobody got that kind of money except Musk and Putin.

ManInBrown

Does anyone know if it’s possible to abort shares being sold? Im just short of 100 available to sell so I sent in form 2011 yesterday. Being the weekend I can’t call. Does anyone know if I call Monday morning will they allow me to cancel the transaction. I would have to imagine no, once you mail the form in. Am I SOL?

brown metal coffin

Im a believer in the stock. If anything else why should ups get all of the profits? Its because of us that they have a delivery service and feel that we are well deserving of that profit sharing. They don't produce anything at all but they do provide a service; a service provided by laborers not management or pencil pushers and so every time that stock goes up Im getting my cut also. With a 5% discount (used to be 10%) and a current 3.13% yield in the top shipping logistics company currently in existence. Yes please sign me up!