UPS to launch new advertising campaign, largest since 2002

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
UPS to launch new advertising campaign, largest since 2002 - Daily Report

UPS Inc., the world's largest shipping carrier, will spend about $35 million to launch a new advertising campaign in its biggest marketing push since "What Can Brown Do For You" in 2002.

trickpony1

As a shareholder, no one asked me if I thought it would be a good idea for "my" company to piss away $35 million dollars for advertising especially since they just finished changing the brand and other marketing ploys recently.
There goes my dividend check........

hoser

Industrial Slob
Dude, they can take that $35 mill and give us all raises. I'll write on a whiteboard if you want a commercial, lol.
Yeah, UPS employees don't make enough.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Besides, the benefit of a $35mil ad campaign far outweigh paying employees more. Morale isn't going to get better, anyways.

As a shareholder, no one asked me if I thought it would be a good idea for "my" company to piss away $35 million dollars for advertising especially since they just finished changing the brand and other marketing ploys recently.
There goes my dividend check........
money well spent IMO. not every single cent trickling down should go ot the shareholders, it should go to ads making consumers fully aware of our brand, resulting in bigger divident cheques down the road.

btw, $35mil isn't much

rushfan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....That's what I think of ups commericals. Why don't they hire the fedex ad agency. We would get more for our money's worth.

trickpony1

Yeah, UPS employees don't make enough.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Besides, the benefit of a $35mil ad campaign far outweigh paying employees more. Morale isn't going to get better, anyways.

money well spent IMO. not every single cent trickling down should go ot the shareholders, it should go to ads making consumers fully aware of our brand, resulting in bigger divident cheques down the road.

btw, $35mil isn't much

Once again, you are right!
There are probably some indigenous individuals of the Sahara desert or the Amazon rain forest that haven't heard of "our" brand. Perhaps the Artic Circle and Antartica could offer some sales leads.
That $35 mil will pay for a bunch of expeditions by an account executive to remote locations to grow our company.:lol: :lol: :lol:

hoser

Industrial Slob
Once again, you are right!
There are probably some indigenous individuals of the Sahara desert or the Amazon rain forest that haven't heard of "our" brand. Perhaps the Artic Circle and Antartica could offer some sales leads.
That $35 mil will pay for a bunch of expeditions by an account executive to remote locations to grow our company.:lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt no more than 20% of people know that we have SCS (let alone knowing what SCS is) along with LTL (let alone knowing what LTL is) units.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I doubt no more than 20% of people know that we have SCS (let alone knowing what SCS is) along with LTL (let alone knowing what LTL is) units.
along with the fact that we can get items to GB by 9am next day, the advantage (that you point out quite often) that 1 driver will pick up your air and ground shipments, and that unlike DHL or USPS (but not at the proficient level of FX), we'll offer tracking.

you have to market. people know brown are those guys in the delivery trucks that get boxes to people (and ruined christmas for people in DEN :lol:), but you have to let people know exactly what you do. especially when DHL, FX, and USPS are doing it.

FEDEX FAN

monte carlo 11 and 12
Has anyone heard if UPS will air any Super Bowl commercials this year? I heard Fedex will air two commercials for the first time ever. "Moon Office" (3rd commercial break) and "Not What It Seems" (17th commercial break).