ups totes

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Seems UPS is cutting cost again. Our building it is hard to find a UPS tote any. We are using the USPS totes, they are every where. Ever read the side of one? Fines and prison time for misusing them.

I like the old Airborne totes they came in differant colors for orginizing

Hubrat98

UPS wasted all that money on trying to switch over to bags and nothing.

The forever bags are mostly used to containerize smalls going into trailers from building to building. They can save a lot of damages when going through the hubs. NDA envelopes are notorious for getting stuck in/under conveyors. I've seen belts rip only to expose NDA letters dated 8-9 years ago. How much would you pay for guaranteed 8yr. delivery?

Also, talk to any pickoff person and they'll tell you that handling one bag instead of 20-30 envelopes all going to the same load makes the job much easier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Forever bags are also used to containerize smalls going to a single consignee for deliveries.

I guess it has just become habit for me to throw my smalls in to forever bags and my NDA smalls in to a tote. When I get back to the center I simply throw the bags, tote and my other NDA pkgs on to the belt.

W

westsideworma

yeah totes have been an on again off again issue at our building too. We use forever bags when we run out, but man those things suck to sort on the slides. If I had a choice (if I were a sorter) I'd want totes all the time. When sorting to the boxline sorting totes goes much faster. hang the full tote out the front of a cage, each sorter sorts some smalls, by the time its at the end of the slide its empty, stack a couple up and put them on the return belt...easy. With a forever bag...just makes a mess of the slide.

Big Babooba

By the way, if they really want to cut costs, remove the air conditioners and heaters from all the centers. Now in the summer, members of management will have to drink lots of water so as to avoid heat stroke, and in the winter if they get frostbite it's their fault for not bundling up, but just think of all the money UPS would save on utility bills!:happy-very:
They have to maintain a climate that keeps all the computers and other electronics happy. It's not their fault that they have to work in it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I used my UPS tote for a very humanitarian purpose. As I was just entering a highway on-ramp I noticed a duck with ducklings trying to cross this very busy stretch of highway.

I pulled over and ran over to the mother duck and carefully placed her in the tote. Amazingly the ducklings wanted to get into the tote with their mommy duck.

I looked at where these ducks where headed and noticed a small pond with a grassy area across this 4 lane highway. As I waited for a break in traffic, a motorcycle cop pulled up with his flashers. I tipped the tote to show him what was inside.

He immediately stopped all traffic and allowed me to run across the highway and deposit them near the pond. I did and ran back to my PC. The cop gave me a nod like to say "well done".

As, I was heading back to the center (hours later) I happened to take an elevated highway that looks over this pond and green space. To my surprise all traffic was again stopped and this mother duck was leading her troops across the same highway.

All I could say was......stupid ducks!
You took em to the wrong side of the road.:knockedout:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I say we should only use USPS totes, heck they are subsidized off our tax dollar anyways. At least we would get something in return for all of our tax dollars being used to compete against us. As far as forever bags, they are a lot better then the plastic smalls bags they forced us to use. Remember "smaller then your diad, then its a small".

1000RR

I haven't heard that quote for smalls. I've heard, "If it can fit through a coat hanger and is 8 lbs or under its a small." Here at my center its "if you can fit 3 in a bag and they are 10 lbs or under its a small"