UPS Tour

ac33

I have one tomorrow and i was wondering if i can get some advice or something to help my chances of getting hired. Thanks.

BSUUPS

simple...let them know you are not afraid of hard work....you are willing to make a long(ish) term commitment to this job...and act impressed by whatever they show you on the tour...good luck...but if you follow my advice you are a shoe in....(assuming all the standard stuff- firm handshake, look in the eye etc)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ask the HR person for the phone number if they don't give it. I would also add that you be there on time. At my building, they do the tours at 6:00 AM. If you show up at 6:05, you can forget it. Good luck tomorrow, ac33.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Ask the HR person for the phone number if they don't give it. I would also add that you be there on time. At my building, they do the tours at 6:00 AM. If you show up at 6:05, you can forget it. Good luck tomorrow, ac33.

Same at my building,6 am means be there before 6am,not after.You won't get past the security gate.

bdbetty

best of luck to you---- but, make sure you actually want to do the job if they offer it to you... nothing is more frustrating than hiring someone who lasts through training and then quits...

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you spell your name right on the application you will be a shoe-in.

When did UPS start doing tours to would be employees? I started 15 years ago and NEVER had a tour. I never even knew where certain parts of our building were until I was there 5 years. I started on Preload so that was all I ever knew. one day when I was driving hey told me I was running a bulk van out. They told me it was out on the Purple Belt. I asked them where that was and they thought I was kidding. It's a decent size HUB and I had no reason to be anywhere else inthe building except for the center area so I had no idea.

omgitsnick

my tour was at 2am and after at the end they handed out a yellow slip of paper and said either call and schedule an appt or they will call you. i called and set one up.